Agile Atlas overview

Sabine Canditt

Apr 19, 2013, 3:56:20 AM4/19/13
to agile...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

also from my discussion with Hubert the following idea:

"As an Agile Atlas user I need an overview on GASPs and how they relate to each other."

I fear that when people start adding GASPs to the Agile Atlas that the overview will be gone without some kind of structure (well we are still far from this huge amount of articles ;-)).

My idea is to have a kind of map (after all, isn't an Atlas exactly this?) to make the overview easier. The articles could have a place on the map together with a link. My idea is illustrated in the appendix (not complete, just a sketch).

What are your thoughts?

Kind regards
Sabine
Agile Atlas.pdf

Ron Jeffries

Apr 19, 2013, 4:32:25 AM4/19/13
to agile...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sabine,

The map is interesting. I'd prefer to have something more like a geography map but I like the multiple dimensions of your picture. We'll talk about that at our next meeting. I've made a card for it in our Kanban.

That said, we really need more articles, not more organization of the three GASPs that we have. It's questionable whether we should invest in organization when we have only a few articles in the area so far.

HOWEVER, what we are actually doing … I think this is actually visible or hinted at in the cards on the Kanban … is coming up with some guessed-at headings for GASPS. Things like planning, sprints, technical practices, retrospectives, and so on. We plan to make the main GASP page display those headings (those with content only, perhaps), and then within the headings, display the article headers.

And we'll talk about a two-dimensional display such as you suggest. Might be technically difficult to make it dynamic, but we'll talk about it at next week's meeting.

But really, folks. Content is what we need.  Please volunteer to write something, so that concerns about organization will be more concrete.
If not now, when? -- Rabbi Hillel

Michael Vizdos

Apr 19, 2013, 9:22:41 AM4/19/13
to agile...@googlegroups.com
Ron,

One of the things I am wondering is what do the engagement numbers look like on the site -- visitors, downloads, etc.

And people who have written some of the 3 GASPS -- are you receiving *any* feedback from people on this?

I am more than happy to write GASPS; however, is this something that has an audience yet or are we caught in the middle of the "we need more content before it becomes relevant" situation.

I've got plenty of content I can curate from other places to recast into the GASP and would encourage others to do the same if it makes sense to you.

Thank you.

- mike vizdos
   www.michaelvizdos.com/contact

--
You are in this forum as a guest. Please govern yourself accordingly.
---