Getting started problems

nbn

Jun 9, 2012, 3:21:33 PM6/9/12
to agile...@googlegroups.com
So, out of curiosity I cloned it, build it, and started it. Doing this so had to plagiate a batch file.. so far so good.

My first project.... Hrm... I choose this project...and gets a soon to be notorious oops screen...

org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Error attaching this container for rendering: [MarkupContainer [Component id = m2]]
	at org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onBeforeRenderChildren(MarkupContainer.java:1789)
Caused by: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 1 at java.lang.String.charAt(Unknown Source) at java.util.regex.Matcher.appendReplacement(Unknown Source) at java.util.regex.Matcher.replaceAll(Unknown Source) at java.lang.String.replaceAll(Unknown Source) at org.headsupdev.agile.web.components.MavenTwoProjectDetailsPanel$1.populateItem(MavenTwoProjectDetailsPanel.java:58)

Then tried to add one of my own projects, which did not have a name element in the pom.xml. And guess it didn't like that. Title was null leading to NPE later on.
After I added a name, I got the above oops.

I haven't even bothered starting reading the source yet, but any idea??

Andrew Williams

Jun 10, 2012, 6:53:41 AM6/10/12
to agile...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am sorry you have hit this issue.
It looks, from the stack, like the project loaded fine and it has moved to the summary screen and failed.
I can probably fix this pretty fast but it would help if you could paste the pom.xml file that you used first so I can validate it.

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew Williams

Jun 10, 2012, 11:37:01 AM6/10/12
to agile...@googlegroups.com
Hi Niels,

Thanks for catching up on IRC, it was good to know it was a windows issue as it is not something I had tested much before.
I have now added a windows script to the binary which starts runs agile and I have fixed the issue you saw.

It looks like it runs fairly well on Windows with the notable exception that changesets are not parsed or displayed.
I will look into this next weekend (only use windows when I have a few hours free) unless anyone else gets a chance ;)

Hope that helps,
Andrew