Introducing dokku-alt-manager

Romans Malinovskis

Nov 12, 2014, 11:46:26 AM11/12/14
to agile-too...@googlegroups.com
Hi Group.

You have been asking to seem some project running on 4.3 version of Agile Toolkit. Although there are many closed-sourced projects I'm aware of, I'm finally pleased to share with you Dokku Alt Manager.

Intro:
 Dokku Alt is a multi-website hosting environment. It's similar to Apache and Virtualhosts, but it uses Docker and puts each project into container. It also uses deploy scripts to launch projects. Dokku-alt is a free software
and can be installed on your Ubuntu box with one simple command.

 Dokku Alt manager is a default Web User Interface to control dokku-alt on your server. It's goal is to help setting up databases, web apps and linking them on the Docker. You need a MySQL database which is used
as a local cache, but Dokku-alt uses "ssh" interface of your ubuntu server to actually set up sites, update them and manage databases.

You can learn more about Dokku Alt Manager here:

You are also very welcome to download, install and try it out.

That's all for now -- if you are working on any exciting open-source projects yourself, please do share with us.

Romans

Daniel Tosello

Nov 18, 2014, 10:18:07 PM11/18/14
to agile-too...@googlegroups.com
Romans,

This is a perfect fit for something i have in mind at my institution. If i can convince people to support a framework they don't yet know we might get a lot of use from this.

Thanks :) Even if we don't use it, it's a great idea.

--Daniel

Romans Malinovskis

Nov 20, 2014, 4:39:53 AM11/20/14
to agile-too...@googlegroups.com
Great!

Would you want to contact me off the list to discuss what we can offer for your institution (romans at agiletooolkit.org)?

Kind Regards,
Romans

Daniel Tosello

Nov 23, 2014, 7:29:05 PM11/23/14
to agile-too...@googlegroups.com
Romans,

I will if i feel i can make any progress. There's a lot of bureaucracy to deal with first.

--Daniel