login form browser password autofill

Liviu Ifrim

Mar 8, 2014, 8:02:50 AM3/8/14
to agile-too...@googlegroups.com
Hello group,

I've noticed that the only browser which prompts the save password for the atk login form is firefox, only if the form is submitted from the submit button and not when pressing Enter.
After extending atk4_form widget and overriding the _create method, and replacing the formSubmit method with my own method, I have managed to make it work on IE, Chrome and Safari(browsers on which I have made tests) on my machine, firefox already had no problem. The issue is preventDefault() from what I have seen, but what I don't understand is why on the tablet browser(tested on Safari) and on my phone browser still doesn't work.

I have searched already everywhere and I didn't find much, is this a feature which will be handled in atk in the future? Or can anyone tell what would be the best approach to fix this? Or maybe I should create a new basic form from scratch for the login form?

Thanks,
Liviu

Romans Malinovskis

Jul 20, 2014, 2:15:05 PM7/20/14
to agile-too...@googlegroups.com
Apologies for delayed reply, wanted to have the docs ready.

Theoretically, you can create your own login form and disable js_widget, then form will not use AJAX:

This should help.

Liviu

Jul 21, 2014, 3:34:41 AM7/21/14
to agile-too...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply Romans, this way is much easier then how I had done it, and cleaner.