spaces in mandatory field

Liviu

Oct 20, 2014, 5:19:29 AM10/20/14
to agile-too...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I was wondering if it's an issue or it is normal to accept spaces on mandatory fields?
In _validateNotNull method from Form_Field class the value could be trimmed and this way we will have the mandatory error even if we insert only spaces. Is this ok?
If not how can I apply this in my project to prevent to loop in the form for all fields, because I can't extend the Form_Field class and override _validateNotNull method.

Romans Malinovskis

Oct 20, 2014, 9:39:55 AM10/20/14
to agile-too...@googlegroups.com
Here is the doc

but contact me off-list if you have problems. (romans@agile toolkit.org)

Romans

Liviu

Oct 23, 2014, 3:01:47 AM10/23/14
to agile-too...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick reply Romans,

I've took a look at the Validator controller is very useful, I am thinking to use it also to validate unique values.