no Calendars shown, XML parsing error: 57, XML declaration not finished

Jan Bätzner

Nov 12, 2011, 1:51:44 PM11/12/11
to AgenDAV general
Hello everybody,

i am trying to setup agendav on my system. I can log in but i get the
message "No calendars available". The PHP error log shows
XML parsing error: 57, XML declaration not finished
Apache log says
"PROPFIND /caldav.php/user// HTTP/1.1" 207 6635 "-" "DAViCalClient"
Looks like there is some noise in the XML conversation. I don't know
how to debug this.
Also note the double trailing slashes in the PROPFIND request. They
shouldn't be there but they are not the reason for the error.
Davical is 0.9.9.7, AgenDAV is 1.2.3.

Thanks for any help.

jb

Jorge López Pérez

Nov 12, 2011, 6:48:16 PM11/12/11
to agendav...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jan,

El 12/11/11 19:51, Jan Bätzner escribió:

> Hello everybody,
>
> i am trying to setup agendav on my system. I can log in but i get the
> message "No calendars available". The PHP error log shows
> XML parsing error: 57, XML declaration not finished

Hmmm, that's strange. Does your DAViCal logs say anything about this?
If DAViCal left any messages about this they should be in error_log or
ssl_error_log.

I suggest you using some traffic sniffer tool (tcpdump, wireshark) to
know what's happening with that XML. To be able to do this you'll have
to access your CalDAV server over plain HTTP.

> Also note the double trailing slashes in the PROPFIND request. They
> shouldn't be there but they are not the reason for the error.
> Davical is 0.9.9.7, AgenDAV is 1.2.3.

Oops, those double trailing slashes are present in my development
environment logs too. I didn't notice them until now, but it's clearly a
small bug that should be fixed.

Regards.

--
Jorge López Pérez
http://adobo.org

Jan Bätzner

Nov 20, 2011, 1:02:38 PM11/20/11
to AgenDAV general
Hi Jorge,

well then, sniffing it is. Sorry, it took me a few days.
I guess all XML is created py PHP on the server it runs on. I used the
same Domain so i sniffed lo for the requests.

There is an OPTIONS request followed by two PROFIND requests. Then
communication stops.
PROPFIND gets me:
<response>
<href>/caldav.php/test/</href>
<propstat>
<prop>
<resourcetype>
<collection/>
<principal/>
</resourcetype>
<displayname>Test</displayname>
<C:getctag>"2ca379d522b75eadcad497242b54391d"</C:getctag>
</prop>
<status>HTTP/1.1 200 OK</status>
</propstat>
<propstat>
<prop>
<A:calendar-color/>
<A:calendar-order/>
</prop>
<status>HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found</status>
</propstat>
</response>

I guess the "Not Found" in the status property does not mean anything.
Shall i send you the capture file? What else do you propose?

Cheers,

> Jabber: jorg...@jabberes.org

Jan Bätzner

Nov 20, 2011, 1:46:11 PM11/20/11
to AgenDAV general
i think i have resolved the issue.
For my php installation, some flags had to be set. Since my agendav
installation runs from an alias and local-directive in apache, i had
to do something like this:

Alias /agendav /share/agendav/web/public
<Location /agendav>
php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off
php_flag register_globals off
php_flag magic_quotes_runtime off
</Location>

As a sidenote, i had some authentication errors, because Safari tends
to mix IPv4 und IPv6 requests. Have to look further into this.

Thanks!

jb

Jorge López Pérez

Nov 21, 2011, 2:42:42 AM11/21/11

El 20/11/11 19:46, Jan Bätzner escribió:

> Alias /agendav /share/agendav/web/public
> <Location /agendav>
> php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off
> php_flag register_globals off
> php_flag magic_quotes_runtime off
> </Location>

Interesting, I'll add a note in the documentation regarding these
parameters. Thank you for the tip.

> As a sidenote, i had some authentication errors, because Safari tends
> to mix IPv4 und IPv6 requests. Have to look further into this.

Under that circumstances you can disable 'sess_match_ip' in
config/advanced.php , at least for your testing environment.

Regards.

--
Jorge López Pérez
http://adobo.org