Python communities in Belgium (cross-post)

Olivier Le Thanh Duong

Jun 1, 2013, 10:10:02 AM6/1/13
to python-belgi...@googlegroups.com, django-...@googlegroups.com, afpy...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

I recently learned that there were a few Python communities in Belgium that I didn't know about (probably too much for such a small country). So I thought it would be a good idea to make a list of all of them to keep people informed.

PyBug
It seems to be the main one, it has existed since 2012 and is pretty active.
They recently created a new website : http://www.pybug.be/

They organised two meet-up this year and the next one will be a BBQ in Hasselt the 2 August 2013 (see website)

Django-Belgium
According to Google archive it seem this group was only active from 2008 to 2009 and then in dormant state but it was relaunched by Martin De Wulf last month

No next event planned yet.

Afpyro-be
It's an extension to the French AFPY.ro, the main purpose is to organise drinks around Python sometimes accompanied with talks. Don't let the "F" fools you we are open to all.

Next event : Lightnings talks and dinner on the 28 of June at the ULB.

Python In Belgium
LinkedIn Group, seems pretty active (Announce, job offers and technical questions).

Please, tell me if I  missed any.
Hope this helps.

Olivier

--
Olivier Lê Thanh Duong <oli...@lethanh.be>

Phone : +32487892093 Jabber: olet...@gmail.com

Stephane Wirtel

Jun 3, 2013, 6:36:22 AM6/3/13
to afpy...@googlegroups.com, python-belgi...@googlegroups.com, django-...@googlegroups.com
On 06/01, Olivier Le Thanh Duong wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I recently learned that there were a few Python communities in Belgium that
> I didn't know about (probably too much for such a small country). So I
> thought it would be a good idea to make a list of all of them to keep
> people informed.
>

> *PyBug *
> It seems to be the main one, it has existed since 2012 and is pretty active.
> They recently created a new website : http://www.pybug.be/
Great job, thank you.

> They organised two meet-up this year and the next one will be a BBQ in
> Hasselt the 2 August 2013 (see website)
>
> Google Group :
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/python-belgian-user-group
Thank you Jonas, Dank U, Merci

> *Django-Belgium*
> According to Google archive it seem this group was only active from 2008 to
> 2009 and then in dormant state but it was relaunched by Martin De Wulf last
> month
>
> No next event planned yet.
>
> Google Group : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/django-belgium
>
> *Afpyro-be*
> It's an extension to the French AFPY.ro, the main purpose is to organise
> drinks around Python sometimes accompanied with talks. Don't let the "F"
> fools you we are open to all.
>
> Next event : Lightnings talks and dinner on the 28 of June at the ULB.
Great, but I won't be there :/ I wanted to present PrintUs, a personal
project.

for info: the next week, there will be the EuroPython in Italia.

> Google Group : https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/afpyro-be
>
> *Python In Belgium*
> LinkedIn Group, seems pretty active (Announce, job offers and technical
> questions).
>
> Link: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Python-in-Belgium-3679088
already subscribed

Thank you Olivier,

So, I will be really happy if we can federate the events or the
communities in one Python community.

I began to think to the next Python-FOSDEM and I will be happy to
organise a new edition with the Python community.

Regards,

Stéphane