Getting Error "class HttpTransport has no attribute '_HttpTransport__get_request_url'"

Ethan Zien

Apr 16, 2017, 9:38:35 PM4/16/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hey, I am currently trying to read the campaigns from my test account in pythton (the same the API document gives).

What I have is below, I am getting the error in the subject here. I was wondering if you could possibly help me out with why I am getting this error?
adwords_client = adwords.AdWordsClient.LoadFromStorage()
adwords_client.SetClientCustomerId(ID)

testing = get_campaigns_youtube.main(adwords_client)

Thanks in advance!

- Ethan

Peter Oliquino

Apr 16, 2017, 10:34:28 PM4/16/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Ethan,

Could you confirm if you have followed the setup guide for the Python client library as described here? If yes, and you are still encountering issues, you may reach out to the Python client library owners via this link.

Thanks and regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team

Ethan Zien

Apr 26, 2017, 10:32:50 AM4/26/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hey Peter, thanks for the response! I did follow those steps though it is possible I had a miss step along the way, Though I am able to use adwords_client.SetClientCustomerId without a problem so I would think I have it set up correctly.

Ivan Bautista

Apr 27, 2017, 2:43:45 AM4/27/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Ethan,

I'm a teammate of Peter and I'm here to assist you with your concern.

First off, do you still get the error specified? If yes and if you think you have followed correctly the setup guide referenced by my colleague earlier, then as suggested earlier, it would be best to double check with the Python client library team as the error seems to be more Python client library setup specific than with the AdWords API.

Thanks and regards,
Ivan
AdWords API Team