Adwords API Report Data Discrepancies Compared to Adwords UI.

Adwords Webmarketing

Sep 23, 2016, 12:32:49 PM9/23/16
to AdWords API Forum, marcel...@leonarddg.com
Hi everyone,

We are building an in-house reporting solution to generate some customized reports and put the obtained data on Google Spreadsheets.

The reports are being generated with the following query (example for the month of August compared to ):

SELECT AdNetworkType1,Clicks,Impressions,Ctr,AverageCpc,Cost,Conversions,CostPerConversion,ConversionRate FROM ACCOUNT_PERFORMANCE_REPORT DURING 20160801,20160831

However the data downloaded is not the same as the one found directly on Adwords interface considering the dates are exactly the same. On Adwords, the data is not segmented and  it is set to see data about "All campaigns" (not "All enabled" or "All but removed").

Some examples:

Search Network Clicks
Adwords UI:         14927
Adwords API Data:    14246

Adwords API reporting 4.8% less clicks than the Adwords UI.

Search Network Impressions
Adwords UI:         511875
Adwords API Data:    422374

Adwords API reporting 21.19% less clicks than the Adwords UI. (!)

Display Network Clicks
Adwords UI:         37461
Adwords API Data:    38278

Adwords API reporting 2.18% more clicks than the Adwords UI.

And the list goes on...

These differences are present if I use AdNetworkType1 or AdNetworkType2 so this is not the source of the problem (as also demonstrated by differences on the Display Network).

So the data discrepancies are quite high and right now make Adwords API reporting almost unusable. Do you have an idea why the data is not the same as in the Adwords UI? Also what would be the best way to solve this?

Thanks.

Marc.

Anthony Madrigal

Sep 23, 2016, 12:42:57 PM9/23/16
to AdWords API Forum, marcel...@leonarddg.com
Hi Marc,

Could you please provide me with the full report definition where you are seeing these discrepancies, along with your client customer Id? Please use reply privately to author when doing so.

Thanks,
Anthony
AdWords API Team

Adwords Webmarketing

Sep 23, 2016, 1:26:38 PM9/23/16
to AdWords API Forum, marcel...@leonarddg.com
Replied privately with the asked information.

Thanks.

Adwords Webmarketing

Sep 30, 2016, 3:47:24 PM9/30/16
to AdWords API Forum, marcel...@leonarddg.com
Hi Anthony,

I was contacted by Nadine telling me that you were looking into the problem but haven't heard back.

We look forward to having an update on this problem.

Regards,

Marc.

Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)

Sep 30, 2016, 4:59:16 PM9/30/16
to AdWords API Forum, marcel...@leonarddg.com
Hi Marc,

My apologies for not responding sooner. I was sick for a couple of days, and this got missed. I'll reply on the other private thread that we have going.

Cheers,
Nadine, AdWords API Team