Login with client account under MCC account

Sachin Kumar

Jul 27, 2016, 12:49:04 PM7/27/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Team,

Goal: To login with client account and see this account data in adwords.

I am able to login and process all data when login with MCC account. I want to login with client account to show data of this account only.

E.g: Under MCC account we have many users account. I want to login with these user's account so that data of these users could be shown.

I am using php adwords library of version 201603.

Kindly guide me how I can achieve this.

Thanks & Regards

Sachin Kumar

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Jul 27, 2016, 5:14:28 PM7/27/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Sachin,

Since you are able to log in to the API using the MCC account, all you need to do to access a client account is make the following changes in the properties file:
  1. Change the value of the property clientCustomerId to the 9 digit Client ID (instead of MCC ID).
Please note that the developer token value would remain the same.

Hope this information helps. If not, could you please provide me with any error messages / screenshots / SOAP XML logs to help me understand the problem better? Please click on Reply privately to author when responding.

Regards,
Vishal, AdWords API Team

Sachin Kumar

Jul 28, 2016, 8:33:27 AM7/28/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Vishal,

Thank you for your reply.

In this mail you had mentioned that we need to used 9 digit CustomerId(in my case it showing 10 digit CustomerId. I used GetAccountHierarchy(AdWordsUser $user) method to get all customer Ids.) in order to access the campaign stats. But my client requirement is to get individual customer(except MCC account holder) loggedin into system with their emailId/password which they use to login into google adwords.

Is there a way to get customer login into the system with their adword credentials through api?

 -
 Thank you
Sachin Kumar

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Jul 28, 2016, 4:20:11 PM7/28/16
to AdWords API Forum
Sachin,

Unfortunately, that is not possible. The only way to access an AdWords account data using the API is to use the client account's OAuth credentials to log in, i.e. for every new client, you would need to create new OAuth credentials. You can, however, use the same developer token every time, i.e. the one associated with your manager account.

Apologies for the confusion regarding the customer id. That should indeed be 10 digits.