About Dynamic Search Ads Setting

take

Jan 18, 2018, 2:52:56 AM1/18/18
to AdWords API Forum
Dear AdWords API team,

We are version up API from v201705 to v201710.

As Migration Guide (v201708), when creating campaign, dynamic search ad setting is required. (https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/migration/v201708)

And in Migration Guide (v201710), any changes of dynamic search ad setting is not mentioned. (https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/migration/v201710)
But actually, when creating campaign, dynamic search ad setting is optional.

In our system, we design that  dynamic search ad setting is required but in Google AdWords application and AdWords API , it is optional.
Please help me to explain

Thanks & Best Regards,
Phu

Luis Xander Talag (AdWords API Team)

Jan 18, 2018, 6:14:29 AM1/18/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Phu,

When creating campaigns, adding Dynamic Search Ads is optional as there are other ad types which you can setup for that specific campaign. However, if you're going to create a campaign specifically for Dynamic Search Ads, then the DynamicSearchAdsSetting is required because you need to specify a domainName on which the Dynamic Search Ads will operate, and also the languageCode. You may check this guide for reference.

Hope this helps!

Thanks and regards,
Luis
AdWords API Team