Why the display name of Criteria Performance Report ID is Keyword ID?

SP

Mar 21, 2018, 9:05:08 AM3/21/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I would like to know why the display name of Criteria Performance Report ID is Keyword ID?
As there is other field available criteria type and we can receive different criterions I don't understand why the ID is called keyword id when (I think) is criterion id.

with your anser I will understand better this report.

Thank you very much.

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Mar 21, 2018, 1:48:16 PM3/21/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

You are right, the Id field in Criteria Performance Report will return the Id corresponding to any criteria that triggered the ad, not just keywords. However, the display name will be "Keyword ID" in the reports. This behavior is documented in the linked guide for better clarity. Unfortunately, I cannot comment on why it has the display name as Keyword ID. As you observed, you could include CriteriaType in your report definition to get the type of criteria that Id corresponds to.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team