Missing GclIds in CLICK_PERFORMANCE_REPORT

di...@easyleads.com

Jun 15, 2017, 5:48:21 AM6/15/17
to AdWords API Forum, Assaf Frank
Hi,

I have 204 GclId of some account that brought a conversion yesterday. Above 95% occurred during the last 5 days, but I was able to find only 40 (i.e. less than 20%) GclIds (by iteration CLICK_PERFORMANCE_REPORT day by day for the last 90 days)..

We save the click date and also have a script that can extract the timestamp of some GclIds (the short ones), so we know exactly when the click happened and it's simply not there (I also checked CLICK_PERFORMANCE_REPORT manually for the day of the click, one day before and one day after).

What can be the reason?

In another thread I saw that some clicks may be missing since they are invalid, but here we're dealing with a converting clicks and it doesn't make sense that 80% are invalid.

Thanks

di...@easyleads.com

Jun 15, 2017, 6:08:45 AM6/15/17
to AdWords API Forum, as...@easyleads.com
Checked performance of June 12.

ACCOUNT_PERFORMANCE_REPORT returns Clicks=991, InvalidClicks=102.
CLICK_PERFORMANCE_REPORT returns 2306 unique GclIds for that day.

How can it be?

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Jun 15, 2017, 2:27:11 PM6/15/17
to AdWords API Forum, as...@easyleads.com
Hi,

The GCLID is now generated at the impression time opposed to click time. That said, it is possible that the actual click that lead to conversion happened on a different date after the impressions itself. If your application is recording the click occurrence time then there might be data discrepancies between data recorded at your end and the report data extracted via AdWords. Please check this blog for more detailed explanation on clicks.

Regarding the data discrepancy between ACCOUNT_PERFORMANCE_REPORT and CLICK_PERFORMANCE_REPORT could you please share the report definition of both the reports run for June 12 along with a copy of the downloaded data and your client customer Id so that I can take a closer look? Please use Reply privately to author while responding.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team

Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)

Jul 25, 2017, 4:45:31 AM7/25/17
to AdWords API Forum, as...@easyleads.com
Hello,

Sorry for making you wait for a long time.
I've been confirmed that the Clicks field of ACCOUNT_PERFORMANCE_REPORT returns the real number of clicks, whereas the Clicks field of CLICK_PERFORMANCE_REPORT returns the number of interactions.
So this can be largely different for non-Search campaigns, e.g., Shopping campaigns, Display campaigns.

If you compare the number of valid interactions + invalid interactions columns in the UI with the Clicks field of CLICK_PERFORMANCE_REPORT, you will see the numbers match.

Best,
Thanet, AdWords API Team

di...@easyleads.com

Jul 26, 2017, 2:19:07 AM7/26/17
to AdWords API Forum, as...@easyleads.com
Got it, thanks!

What about the original issue? Can you check for some GclId samples why they aren't returned in CLICK_PERFORMANCE_REPORT?

Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)

Jul 26, 2017, 2:35:56 AM7/26/17
to AdWords API Forum, as...@easyleads.com
Hello,

I think it's because the GCLIDs are recorded based on the impression time, not the click time (as described in the reference page).
Those date times can be different. So if you're looking for the clicks that converted yesterday in the CLICK_PERFORMANCE_REPORT, they might not be recorded in the yesterday bucket.
You may need to look further back in the past.

Best,
Thanet, AdWords API Team

di...@easyleads.com

Jul 26, 2017, 3:07:24 AM7/26/17
to AdWords API Forum, as...@easyleads.com
I checked 90 days back (maximum that CLICK_PERFORMANCE_REPORT allows). There are tens of GclIds missing.

Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)

Jul 26, 2017, 3:28:46 AM7/26/17
to AdWords API Forum, as...@easyleads.com
Could you please share those tens GCLDs along with your client customer ID by Reply privately to author?

andrew....@sigla.io

Feb 5, 2019, 9:57:27 AM2/5/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Has there been any update on this issue?  We are having the same problem where about 50% of gclids we are recording are unable to be retrieved from the Click Performance Report despite searching the entire 90 day range.  Is it possible that half of the clicks were based on impressions from more than 90 days ago or is something else going on?

Thanks,
Andrew

googleadsapi...@google.com

Feb 6, 2019, 12:59:48 AM2/6/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Andrew,

It is possible that the GCLIDs that you were expecting belong to a different account. However, since this is an old thread, could you open a new thread for better tracking and we will happily assist you on the new thread?

Regards,
Dannison
AdWords API Team

    http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/search/label/adwords_api
    https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Was your question answered? Please rate your experience with us by taking a short survey.
If not -- reply to this email and tell us what else we can do to help.

Take Survey

http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/search/label/adwords_api
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/17b7ed35-96f4-4cfb-ab2a-1cd17ec67cba%40googlegroups.com.