Not getting all Negative Keywords in KeywordPerfomanceReport

vj

Jan 21, 2017, 2:04:01 AM1/21/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I am trying to download keywords using adwords api via KeywordPerfomance Report.

I wants both Negativekeywords and Not negative Keywods in Keywords report.

I have used bellow Predicate while download KeywordPerfomance Report and Campaign,adgroup status Enabled,Paused.

$IsNegative = new Predicate('IsNegative', 'IN', array(true,false));

I am getting negative keywords in report by seeing isNegative column true or false but still I am not getting all negative keywords in KeywordPerfomance report . I am getting other negative keywords but not all.

Than I tried to download CAMPAIGN_NEGATIVE_KEYWORDS_PERFORMANCE_REPORT in that report I am getting all negative keywords but I dont want to use this report , I want all keywords from single report KeywordsPerfomance Report.

Could you please let me know Why I am not getting all negative keywords in KeywordPerfomance Report.?

Thanks,
VJ.

Peter Oliquino

Jan 22, 2017, 10:46:58 PM1/22/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi VJ,

In order to have a better look at your concern, could you provide your customer ID and the complete report definition you used when you generated the Keywords Performance Report? Please reply using Reply privately to author.

Cheers,
Peter
AdWords API Team

Zweitze

Jan 24, 2017, 7:56:39 AM1/24/17
to AdWords API Forum
Negative keywords on campaign level are very different from negative keywords on group level with regard to either adding or removing such negatives.
Therefore the notion whether a negative is defined at campaign level or group level is very important.

To make that explicit distinction Google does the following:
- In KEYWORDS_PERFORMANCE_REPORT you can only get negative keywords on group level.
- In CAMPAIGN_NEGATIVE_KEYWORDS_PERFORMANCE_REPORT you can only get negative keywords on campaign level.

So, with regard to your question why you don't get negative keywords on campaign level with the Keywords performance report, the answer is that that particular report was not designed for negative keywords on campaign level.

Hope this helps.

Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)

Jan 24, 2017, 9:17:25 AM1/24/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Zweitze,

Thanks for jumping in! It's so great to see people on the forum that I've met at the workshops. You answered that quite well. I think that should clear things up, and it'll be helpful for other people when they come along later.

Thanks!
Nadine, AdWords API Team

vj

Jan 25, 2017, 12:49:38 AM1/25/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Zweitze/Nadine,

Thank you very much for the clear information.

Now I get the Idea why I am not getting all keywords in keyword Perfomance Report.