Final URL / Final URLs- how to you get the same value as the UI?

Timna Carmel

Nov 22, 2017, 4:34:10 PM11/22/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Guys,

There is an issue we've been struggling for really long time.
We are trying to pull the final URL field in a way that will match the values that exist in the AdWords reporting UI.
No matter what we do, we can't get the values to match the UI reporting as we keep getting just the main URL and not the tracking parameters.

We are pulling the Creative Final URL field from the ad performance report. this field should return an array of final URLs,
but we always get the main URL in that array, while when pulling the same report from the UI, we go see more URLs with different parameters. seems like the API gives us the main URL without the tracking parameters captured and shown in the UI.

We are pulling it from this specific report as we want to have the other dimensions and metrics in the same report (ad and ad attributes, ad group, campaign etc)

Can you please direct us to the correct way of pulling this field in a way it'll match the UI?

Thanks,

Timna

2017-11-22_1855.png

Peter Oliquino

Nov 23, 2017, 2:41:52 AM11/23/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Timna,

In order to better investigate your concern, could you provide the AdWords UI screenshot where you viewed your final URLs, your clientCustomerId, and the complete report definition you used when generating the Ad Performance Report? You may reply using the Reply privately to author option.

Thanks and regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team

Timna Carmel

Dec 20, 2017, 9:24:40 AM12/20/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Peter,

I used the reply privately. please let me know if you got it or not as I can't see it here :) so not sure it was posted successfully

Thanks,

Timna

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Dec 21, 2017, 9:32:44 AM12/21/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Timna,

The AD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT will show you the static attributes of each ad, so it won't reflect the actual effective URLs (with parameter values filled in) for each impression. To get that information, use the FINAL_URL_REPORT instead and include the EffectiveFinalUrl field in your report request.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team