Can I use the same credentials for more than one application?

develope...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2017, 11:21:28 AM10/17/17
to AdWords API Forum
I am trying to create an application to work on behalf of my clients, but I would like to scale it from a simpler app, such as an Installed Application on my computer rather than a complete client. I cannot figure out whether the credentials can be the same or not, or the differences that the project entails. If someone has already done something similar, I would appreciate it if they could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Oct 17, 2017, 1:50:38 PM10/17/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

You can use the same clientId and clientSecret to authorize API requests against multiple client accounts. A credential(refresh_token) generated for an AdWords manager account can be used to access all its child accounts. If your application needs to access AdWords accounts that are not related to one another in any manager account hierarchy, you should generate and maintain different credentials for different accounts, such as for each AdWords client account you access, or each top-level manager account in the independent hierarchies you access. Please see this guide for more details.

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.