Occasional NoRouteToHostException with v200909 API.

traffic...@localmatters.com

Feb 23, 2010, 7:31:17 PM2/23/10
to AdWords API Forum
I have been getting the exception below about 25% of the times calling
Google v200909 AdWords API.
There is no HTTP proxy used and network on my side seems to operate
normally.

nested exception is:
java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host
AxisFault
faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}
Server.userException
faultSubcode:
faultString: java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}
stackTrace:java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:
195)
at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(SSLSocketImpl.java:
550)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.<init>
(SSLSocketImpl.java:353)
at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketFactoryImpl.createSocket(SSLSocketFactoryImpl.java:
71)
at
org.apache.axis.components.net.JSSESocketFactory.create(JSSESocketFactory.java:
92)
at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.getSocket(HTTPSender.java:
191)
at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.writeToSocket(HTTPSender.java:
404)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:
138)
at
com.google.api.adwords.lib.AdWordsHttpSender.invoke(AdWordsHttpSender.java:
47)
at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:
32)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)
at
com.google.api.adwords.v200909.cm.AdGroupServiceSoapBindingStub.get(AdGroupServiceSoapBindingStub.java:
714)

AdWords API Advisor

Feb 24, 2010, 2:54:25 PM2/24/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

This error appears to be generated client side, and I don't have any
other reports of this happening with other clients yet. Could you
follow up with your network admins perhaps to pinpoint this error?

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team

On Feb 23, 7:31 pm, "trafficdirec...@localmatters.com"

traffic...@localmatters.com

Feb 24, 2010, 5:51:01 PM2/24/10
to AdWords API Forum
Network admins did setup network monitor which have not shown any
errors.
Here is comment from our IT:

"We saw no drops on our system monitor. If you have other suggestions
for things for IT to check, we're glad to check them, but as of right
now we have checked the network and it appears to be working
correctly, even when we're seeing these Google errors."

On Feb 24, 12:54 pm, AdWords API Advisor

traffic...@localmatters.com

AdWords API Advisor

Feb 25, 2010, 12:06:40 PM2/25/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

The Javadocs for this exception say "Signals that an error occurred
while attempting to connect a socket to a remote address and port.
Typically, the remote host cannot be reached because of an intervening
firewall, or if an intermediate router is down." To me this indicates
that the problem exists somewhere in-between your servers and the API
servers. Perhaps there are issues with your ISP?

If you see evidence that the errors are coming from Google's servers,
can you provide more specific information? IP addresses, error codes,
etc?

Best,
- Eric

On Feb 24, 5:51 pm, "trafficdirec...@localmatters.com"

traffic...@localmatters.com

Feb 25, 2010, 4:59:21 PM2/25/10
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks. After some more investigation it appeares to be causing by our
firewall.

On Feb 25, 10:06 am, AdWords API Advisor