Question about v20102

Oliver

Mar 19, 2015, 1:10:46 PM3/19/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
In the v201502 release notes, the following is mentioned:

Removed objects handling

Services and reporting will now omit objects whose Status is REMOVED unless a predicate explicitly includes them. This was always the case for ads but now applies to ad groups and campaigns as well.

What if I execute the following AWQL on CampaignService:

SELECT Id, Name, Status WHERE CampaignId in [...]

when one of campaigns specified has status = Removed.  Will the above return the details of the removed campaign since I explicitly specified it by Id?

Oliver

Oliver

Mar 19, 2015, 1:11:30 PM3/19/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, the title should say v201502!

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Mar 19, 2015, 4:31:23 PM3/19/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

At the moment, the CAMPAIGN_PERFORMANCE_REPORT will not return REMOVED campaigns, even if you explicitly request them by CampaignId and/or CampaignStatus = REMOVED. We're looking into this -- I'll post an update as soon as I have more information.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Oliver

Mar 20, 2015, 3:33:29 AM3/20/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josh,

I was specifically referring to using the Service API CampaignService as opposed to using reports.

How do the Service objects behave if the campaign ID is specified and the campaign is REMOVED? Do they still return the campaign?

Oliver

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Mar 20, 2015, 9:24:19 AM3/20/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oliver,

Services in v201502 are consistent in that you always have to include a Predicate for STATUS = REMOVED if you want to retrieve removed objects. This is true even if you specify the CampaignId.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Mar 27, 2015, 2:01:13 PM3/27/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As a follow up, just wanted to point out that the report issue I mentioned on Mar 19 has been fixed. You can now retrieve REMOVED campaigns from the CAMPAIGN_PERFORMANCE_REPORT by including a predicate on CampaignStatus = REMOVED.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team