[BUG] Geo Performance Report: {Error: AuthenticationError.AUTHENTICATION_FAILED, Trigger: <null>, FieldPath: }

AdWordsApiUser

Apr 24, 2015, 1:52:34 PM4/24/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Started getting this error if city, or region is selected (if you select only country, it works OK) in the GEO_PERFORMANCE_REPORT. API v201409.

AdWordsApiUser

Apr 24, 2015, 2:17:01 PM4/24/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
This seems to affect v201502 also. It seems similar to the issue that started showing NOT_ADS_USER for this report last month.

Stephen Yeargin

Apr 24, 2015, 2:44:35 PM4/24/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Confirming that this is also the error returned for our tools as well.

Other endpoints with the same authentication headers continue to work as expected.

- Stephen

Axel Vermeil

Apr 24, 2015, 5:44:52 PM4/24/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting this exact error with geo reports as well: AuthenticationError.AUTHENTICATION_FAILED. Other reports work fine with the same auth parameters, so I don't think it is actually an auth issue.

Interestingly, if I set one of the awql query constraints to something that doesn't exist (such as 'CampaignId=0000'), it returns an empty set, as it should, without error. If I give it a query that should return rows, it returns the auth error.

I've tried with v201502 and the previous one, both have this problem. It's a breaking problem for us, I hope it is fixed soon!

Axel

Dennis Lau

Apr 25, 2015, 5:13:50 AM4/25/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Was having the same issue starting today with v201409, Geo_Performance_Report.

Alex Jones

Apr 25, 2015, 9:21:57 AM4/25/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Confirmed with our toolset as well. Simultaneously downloaded reports using the same credentials and clients are confirmed good. This suggests that as others as saying the issue is related specifically to Geography reporting. This same issue happened back on March 7th, and was resolved by March 9th (https://groups.google.com/d/msg/adwords-api/uaZm0MRFP7M/ydxY_CkVNAMJ). This seems related.

Mark McKelvey

Apr 25, 2015, 4:07:22 PM4/25/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
We are having the same issue.  GEO_PERFORMANCE_REPORT {Error: AuthenticationError.AUTHENTICATION_FAILED, Trigger: <null>, FieldPath: }

joel

Apr 26, 2015, 8:33:22 AM4/26/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
"me too" on this. And I'm also seeing it on the Click Performance Report as well.

Stephen Yeargin

Apr 26, 2015, 9:04:21 AM4/26/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
This is another case where a support status page and issue tracking system for the API would be beneficial. We are 36 hours in and nothing to point to for our customers to have any reason to believe it is being worked on. :-(

Brad Ruderman

Apr 26, 2015, 6:24:30 PM4/26/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
yea not sure if it helps but also experiencing the issue.

Bejan @ MarketFlare

Apr 26, 2015, 6:26:38 PM4/26/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Also getting this error, only in the Geo Performance Report and Click Performance requests... v201502

Our reporting software uses oauth2 for authentication and accesses other reports without issue, though we didn't test them all.

This reminds me of the NOT_ADS_USER bug that happened almost a couple months ago.

AdWordsReportsException: Report download errors occurred.
Error: AuthenticationError.AUTHENTICATION_FAILED, Trigger: <null>, FieldPath:

peter.r...@smarter-ecommerce.com

Apr 27, 2015, 1:35:21 AM4/27/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
We've got the same problem! And it happens for other reports too (e.g. SHOPPING_PERFORMANCE_REPORT). Looks like GEO_PERFORMANCE_REPORT is always affected and other are affected in an unpredictable manner - they sometimes succeed and sometimes fail ...

Daniel Altman

Apr 27, 2015, 10:54:47 AM4/27/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
+1

Gabriel Abadi

Apr 27, 2015, 10:59:45 AM4/27/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
+1

Mauro Cohen

Apr 27, 2015, 10:59:56 AM4/27/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Same problem as Daniel. Please feedback, we really use the click_performance_report.

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Apr 27, 2015, 11:55:34 AM4/27/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

This is a known issue at our end. We have submitted a fix, and it should be live today. The issue affects GEO_PERFORMANCE_REPORT, or any other report that requests a GEO column.

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

Stephen Yeargin

Apr 27, 2015, 12:43:34 PM4/27/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Was able to retrieve an instance of GEO_PERFORMANCE_REPORT without issue just now.

Alex Jones

Apr 27, 2015, 1:28:28 PM4/27/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Works here too.

Igor Selitskiy

Apr 27, 2015, 4:47:12 PM4/27/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
How long does solve take to solve this issue?

May be it's better to remove city/regions fields?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in the present message (including any information contained in attachments herein) may be confidential and privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. If you have received it in error please contact the sender (by return e-mail) immediately and delete this message. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in parts is strictly prohibited. Print this message only if sharp necessary.
УВЕДОМЛЕНИЕ О КОНФИДЕНЦИАЛЬНОСТИ: Информация, содержащаяся в настоящем сообщении (включая любое вложение) может быть конфиденциальной и охраняться действующим законодательством. Сообщение может быть прочитано, скопировано и использовано исключительно лицом, которому сообщение предназначается. Если Вы получили настоящее сообщение по ошибке, пожалуйста, незамедлительно сообщите об этом отправителю (ответным письмом по электронной почте). Любое несанкционированное использование или распространение информации, содержащейся в настоящем сообщении в целом или в части, строго запрещены. Не распечатывайте настоящее сообщение, если в этом нет крайней необходимости.

Suren Dias

Apr 27, 2015, 4:48:19 PM4/27/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Getting the same error.

Dennis Lau

Apr 28, 2015, 10:32:42 AM4/28/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
It's working now. No problem with v201502.Geo_Performance_Report