AdWords API freshness

Ann Tooke

Mar 30, 2015, 10:11:36 AM3/30/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
The documentation on data freshness (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2544985?hl=en#) used to indicate the freshness of certain reports available via the API.  For example, the previous documentation indicated the Destination URL report was only available after 6pm PST.  This information is now gone.  We are switching the reports we retrieve because of the AdWords changes announced on Feb 9th.... and I need to know what time to schedule the new reports to ensure we get complete data.

Please help!

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Mar 30, 2015, 12:46:29 PM3/30/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The only changes made to that document were to update the section on which metrics/reports are only updated on a daily basis. Any metrics or reports not explicitly mentioned in that list are updated continuously. However, you should still follow the guidelines in the table to ensure that you capture all statistics for a given day.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

mm

Apr 21, 2015, 2:31:26 PM4/21/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Josh -
What is the expected latency for data in the Shopping Performance report? In my experience, it seems to belong on the bucket with placements/search terms/geographic... if so, could the doc be updated to reflect that?

Thanks -
mm

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Apr 22, 2015, 10:30:42 AM4/22/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm following up with the shopping and reporting engineers on this question. I'll post back here as soon as I have an answer.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Apr 24, 2015, 9:56:25 AM4/24/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The shopping team said that most data (impressions, clicks, cost, etc.) is computed continuously for shopping campaigns, just as with other campaign types. Are there specific metrics where you are seeing delayed availability?

If you have any examples that you'd like to send over, please do so by clicking Reply privately to author on this message.

Cheers,
Josh, AdWords API Team