Time limit before OAuth2 access expires

slala...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2016, 1:52:47 PM12/8/16
to AdWords API Forum
I would like to know the time limit before the authorization code expires (OAuth2 token access refresh) ?

Anthony Madrigal

Dec 8, 2016, 4:22:03 PM12/8/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Access tokens typically expire after an hour. You can generate a refresh token which automatically generates new access tokens for you after they expire. Refresh tokens do not expire.

Regards,
Anthony
AdWords API Team

Zweitze

Dec 10, 2016, 7:24:39 AM12/10/16
to AdWords API Forum
As far as I knew Refresh tokens after not using them for a period of six months. So this is lifted.

I don't mind that this policy changed, but I would like to know where and how this change was announced? I already have the idea that changes in OAuth2 will not be published on the blog. Or my filters are too strong.

Anthony Madrigal

Dec 12, 2016, 2:02:52 PM12/12/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Apologies for the confusion. As long as you keep using the refresh token and do not fall under the reasons listed here, including the reason Zweitze mentioned, your refresh token should work.