ValueTrack parameter {targetid} for shopping campaigns

Santhosh Neyyar

Apr 22, 2015, 2:42:53 PM4/22/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
     I am wondering whether {targetid}  valueTrack param will return the unique product group id when used in Google shopping campaigns .  The documentation mentions only about keyword, dsa & audience Id. But doesn't talk about placements, product groups etc. Can I use targetid to capture criterion id specific to context (keyword, placement, product group, dsa, audience , etc) ?

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Apr 23, 2015, 8:31:41 AM4/23/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It's my understanding that targetid will only give you the IDs of the criteria types you mentioned, so this will capture the ID of the keyword, DSA, and audience (user list), but not the shopping-specific criteria. For shopping, you'll want to use one of the parameters listed under Shopping campaigns parameters here. You can capture the placement using the placement parameter, and the placement category using the target parameter (see Example #4: Placements).

Cheers,
Josh, AdWords API Team