Oauth scope changes - should we change?

Yinon Golan

Dec 13, 2017, 1:11:50 AM12/13/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,
Regarding the announcement about deprecating the oauth old scope -

Hoping I got it right - Is that make sense? should we change it?

Thanks,
Yinon Golan
Api Dev Team Leader, Kenshoo.

This e-mail, as well as any attached document, may contain material which is confidential and privileged and may include trademark, copyright and other intellectual property rights that are proprietary to Kenshoo Ltd,  its subsidiaries or affiliates ("Kenshoo"). This e-mail and its attachments may be read, copied and used only by the addressee for the purpose(s) for which it was disclosed herein. If you have received it in error, please destroy the message and any attachment, and contact us immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any review, reliance, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message without Kenshoo's express permission is strictly prohibited.

Peter Oliquino

Dec 13, 2017, 3:45:55 AM12/13/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Yinon,

When using the AdWords API, the correct scope that you will need to use will be the "https://www.googleapis.com/auth/adwords". Using other URLs or scopes other than the one I mentioned may result in getting the error specified in the blog announcement. I hope this helps.

Thanks and regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team

Zweitze

Dec 13, 2017, 4:48:36 AM12/13/17
to AdWords API Forum
Regarding this subject, does anyone know:
Suppose I have a valid RefreshToken, plus the ClientId and ClientSecret it was authorized for. Can I find out for which OAuth scopes it is authorized?

The thing is: I have RefreshTokens which are used for a batch process - some exist for years already. But I have no idea for which OAuth scopes it was created. I prefer to anticipate in case it contains unsupported OAuth scopes. Any idea?

Peter Oliquino

Dec 13, 2017, 10:45:02 PM12/13/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Could you reply to me in private via the Reply privately to author option and send to me your client ID? I'll perform a look up and see if your credentials are affected by the new announcement.

Yinon Golan

Dec 26, 2017, 6:49:02 AM12/26/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Peter,
Do we need to change the scope also for Google Analytics API?
I understand that this scope is only about "manage campaigns"?

The scope we are using today is:

Thank you.

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Dec 27, 2017, 12:42:30 PM12/27/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Yinon,

The blog post referred by Peter is specific to the changes made to AdWords API. For concerns related to Google Analytics API, I'd suggest that you reach out to the Analytics API Team through one of the support channels listed here.

Regards,
Bharani, AdWords API Team