Download campaigns - Not included in report

Vikram Tiwari

Jan 5, 2017, 2:28:43 AM1/5/17
to AdWords API Forum
I am trying to download report data using API for adgroup_performance_report. I get all the campaigns etc in the report except download campaigns. How do I get about that? What am I missing?

Details:

AWQL query: `SELECT Date,HourOfDay, AdGroupId, AdGroupName,AdNetworkType1, CampaignId, CampaignName, Impressions, Clicks, Cost FROM ADGROUP_PERFORMANCE_REPORT DURING YESTERDAY`
API: v201609
Language: Python

More:
Download campaigns: Not sure if they are download campaigns but they have a down arrow button where normally it's search and video

Peter Oliquino

Jan 5, 2017, 3:04:47 AM1/5/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Vikram,

The campaign type you are referring to are the Universal App Campaigns (UAC). For reporting, UAC statistics can be found in the following reports mentioned here. Currently, however, the AdvertisingChannelType and AdvertisingChannelSubType fields are not available in the Adgroup Performance Report. I hope this helps.

Thanks and regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team

Vikram Tiwari

Jan 5, 2017, 12:57:04 PM1/5/17
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks Peter - That was helpful.

Vikram Tiwari

Jan 5, 2017, 3:09:36 PM1/5/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hey Peter - A follow-up question.

I want to get UAC campaigns data grouped by ad groups. But as I see, from various available report types, it seems that there's no way to query that. Could you help?

Peter Oliquino

Jan 5, 2017, 8:43:35 PM1/5/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Vikram,

You may first get the CampaignIds of your UACs through the Campaign Performance Report and then generate the AdGroup Performance Report using the CampaignId field as filter in order to get the AdGroups belonging to your Universal App Campaigns. Let me know if this works.

Cheers,
Peter
AdWords API Team

Vikram Tiwari

Jan 6, 2017, 11:02:40 PM1/6/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hey Peter - I tried it that way and it seems that I started missing more campaigns.

Campaign Query: `SELECT CampaignId FROM CAMPAIGN_PERFORMANCE_REPORT DURING YESTERDAY`

I expect this query to return all the results, regardless of campaign type. I pass the result of this query to following:

Delivery Query: `SELECT Date,HourOfDay, AdGroupId, AdGroupName,AdNetworkType1, CampaignId, CampaignName, Impressions, Clicks, Cost FROM ADGROUP_PERFORMANCE_REPORT  WHERE CampaignId IN [CAMPAIGN_QUERY_RESULT] DURING YESTERDAY`

The resultant data is less than when I do Delivery Query without passing CampaignIds restriction. Haven't dived in there to find which campaigns are missing, but the process seems to be not work.

Peter Oliquino

Jan 8, 2017, 10:07:13 PM1/8/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Vikram,

Could you try removing the "DURING YESTERDAY" filter in your query for the Campaign Performance Report? This will allow you to retrieve all campaigns in your account, since the "YESTERDAY" date range will only retrieve campaigns that performed during that period. Let me know if this works. If the issue persists, could you provide your customer ID so I can look into the issue further? You may reply using Reply privately to author.

Vikram Tiwari

Jan 17, 2017, 3:11:38 PM1/17/17
to AdWords API Forum
With some support in the private thread, we were able to resolve this.

To get complete data one would need to run two queries:

1. To get all the UAC campaign data: `Select CampaignId, CampaignName, Clicks, Impressions, Cost FROM CAMPAIGN_PERFORMANCE_REPORT where AdvertisingChannelType = MULTI_CHANNEL and AdvertisingChannelSubType = UNIVERSAL_APP_CAMPAIGN DURING YESTERDAY`
2. To get data for all other campaigns: `SELECT CampaignId, CampaignName, Impressions, Clicks, Cost FROM ADGROUP_PERFORMANCE_REPORT DURING YESTERDAY`

Reason being UAC campaign's data is not available in ADGROUP_PERFORMANCE_REPORT which is cause each campaign of type UAC is considered a separate AdGroup in itself.

As for a feedback to AdWords API team, I would suggest adding UAC campaigns data in the ADGROUP_PERFORMANCE_REPORT as well. The column values for AdGroup could be substituted with campaign name itself.

Thanks for all the support.

business_intel...@vivaki.de

Oct 4, 2018, 9:32:39 AM10/4/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Any news if we can ever expect that on adgroups report?

Teja Makani

Oct 4, 2018, 4:32:23 PM10/4/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

UAC campaigns data is not available via AdGroup Performance Report. You can find the list of reports UAC campaigns supports from here.

Regards,
Sai Teja, AdWords API Team.

azri ridha

Apr 18, 2019, 4:08:09 PM4/18/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Vikram Tiwari,

I need to get data from the API adword in order to retrieve data on companies, etc.

I am new to pyhton programming language and I really need to do this in my new job.

could you tell me how to do this, the procedure to follow.

I thank you for your cooperation. I thank you in advance.

googleadsapi...@google.com

Apr 18, 2019, 5:22:19 PM4/18/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Ridha,

If you trying to pull data using the AdWords API, you can Sign Up here and follow instructions mentioned here to make your first API call. To setup the python client library you could follow the instructions mentioned in this guide. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Sai Teja, Google Ads API Team

    https://ads-developers.googleblog.com/search/label/google_ads_api
    https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

Was your question answered? Please rate your experience with us by taking a short survey.
If not -- reply to this email and tell us what else we can do to help.

Take Survey

http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/search/label/adwords_api
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/