Filter for YouTube Campaigns only via Reports

Greg Friedman

May 30, 2017, 2:49:42 PM5/30/17
to AdWords API Forum, lwe...@vaynermedia.com
For my reports it is very important for me to be able to consistently distinguish YouTube campaigns from the other types of campaigns.  What works most of the time, but not all of the time is to add a filtering predicate on AdNetworkType2 and using the values ['YOUTUBE_WATCH', 'YOUTUBE_SEARCH'].  I then use the other 3 options ('SEARCH', 'SEARCH_PARTNERS', 'CONTENT') to bucket the rest of the campaigns as non-YouTube.  However, occasionally, YouTube campaigns will only show up when filtering for 'CONTENT' and not for either YOUTUBE_WATCH or YOUTUBE_SEARCH.  I was hoping there was a more definitive strategy I could use that would categorize campaigns as YouTube or not accurately every time.

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

May 30, 2017, 3:19:37 PM5/30/17
to AdWords API Forum, lwe...@vaynermedia.com
Hi Greg,

You need to use a predicate to filter for rows where AdvertisingChannelType is VIDEO to get performance data related to Video campaigns using the Campaign Performance Report. You could also consider using the Video Performance Report to get statistics for your account's Video campaigns.

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.

Greg Friedman

Jun 20, 2017, 6:18:00 PM6/20/17
to AdWords API Forum, lwe...@vaynermedia.com
Hi Shwetha,

          Your previous response was very helpful and prompt.  I was also wondering if there was a way on the ad level to ask for all ads that are anything except for YouTube videos?  Kind of like a non-Video Performance Report.  It would pretty much serve as a complement to the report discussed in the original question.

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Jun 21, 2017, 10:31:11 AM6/21/17
to AdWords API Forum, lwe...@vaynermedia.com
Hi Greg,

You could consider using Ad Performance Report with a predicate to filter based on AdType, as Video ad is not one of the supported ad type in this report. This report maps to the data available in the Ads tab in the UI.