Creating a MCC test account.

Adwords Test

Jan 14, 2014, 12:32:16 PM1/14/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I follow this page (https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/test-accounts) to create a MCC test account. But the given link (https://adwords.google.com/um/StartNewMccAccount?testAccount=true) takes me to another page which creates a live account. Any ideas what I've done wrong here?

Thanks!

Ray Tsang (AdWords API Team)

Jan 15, 2014, 7:26:06 PM1/15/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The test account creation steps may look very similar to a live account creation.  However, after you've created the test account and logged in - you should notice a red banner on the top right hand corner indicating that the MCC account is a test account.

Please let me know if this isn't the case.

Thanks!

--
Ray Tsang (AdWords API Advisor)

Adwords Test

Jan 16, 2014, 1:07:13 PM1/16/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your response.

I don't see any red banner or any other indications that the account is a test one. The account log in is my current email address.

Ray Tsang (AdWords API Team)

Jan 17, 2014, 2:54:12 PM1/17/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Could I trouble you to create a new test account with the same link?  As you create the account, please make sure you are logged out and you may need to use a different email address than this one.

Thanks!
--
Ray Tsang (AdWords API Advisor)

Adwords Test

Jan 21, 2014, 3:20:49 PM1/21/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

and that has no indication of any "test" account being created. This was after I logged out from this current account. Should I go ahead with the account creation process?

Thanks,
Toan

Ray Tsang (AdWords API Team)

Jan 22, 2014, 11:50:18 AM1/22/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes - the resolved link looks right - once created a new account it should be the test MCC account.

Thanks!

--
Ray Tsang (AdWords API Advisor)

Adwords Test

Jan 22, 2014, 4:43:26 PM1/22/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Just to confirm: I was able to create a test MCC account using a brand new email address. Don't know what went wrong the last 2 times I did it.

Thanks again!

minh...@silverlining.vn

Jun 4, 2014, 4:17:12 AM6/4/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem when trying to create MCC test account using the link https://adwords.google.com/um/StartNewMccAccount?testAccount=true. It's redirect me to a create page and make me verify the account with email, then, after click to the verify link in the email, i still see the adword page with no indicator of test account. I tried quite sometimes but to no avail.

My customer id:
Customer ID: 400-582-1814

Please make a check and help me.

Thanks.

Vào 03:20:49 UTC+7 Thứ tư, ngày 22 tháng một năm 2014, Adwords Test đã viết:

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Jun 4, 2014, 10:41:53 AM6/4/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Hmmm...the customer ID you supplied is a regular non-test AdWords account, not an MCC account. I just went through the flow myself and found that the new account I created also was a regular non-test AdWords account. I'll follow up on this and post an update as soon as I have more information.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Jun 18, 2014, 5:58:31 AM6/18/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the exact same problem, unable to create a test mcc account, and instead it creates a non-test adwords account.

Any solution to this yet?

Cheers

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Jun 18, 2014, 4:42:38 PM6/18/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We're still working on fixing the test account creation process. I'll update this post as soon as I have more information.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Jun 24, 2014, 5:30:08 AM6/24/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Any update?

(Sorry to chase, but we're desperate to get our coding done here!)

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Jun 24, 2014, 3:36:36 PM6/24/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Unfortunately the team is still working on getting it resolved. In the meantime, if you have an approved developer token you could test your code against a non-test account but avoid serving any ads by making sure your campaigns are all paused.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Jun 25, 2014, 5:19:44 AM6/25/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josh

Sadly that's the problem :-(

We used to have an approved developer token from our application back in 2012, but it was later removed (probably because we stopped work on our app and so stopped using the API for over well over 12 months).  We now have time/funds to continue development, we need to build more features to abide by the changes in RMF, but we can't test anything.

I've re-applied for a token, but still waiting for a response from the team.  (Yes, I've checked spam folder for lost messages, and I've received no request for follow up information since application, which is probably almost two weeks ago now)

If I give you my MCC customer ID by private message, would you be able to chase our API token application?  Or can you provide a suggestion as to what we can do next?

Cheers

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Jun 26, 2014, 12:45:59 PM6/26/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

For those of you who want to create a test account, the creation link should now be working properly.

Please post to this thread if you encounter any problems with test account creation.

H, to your question on your developer token application, you can contact the API Review Team via this form.

Cheers,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Jun 30, 2014, 5:37:09 AM6/30/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks Josh, all working as expected now.

Cheers

Christian Wolf

Jun 30, 2014, 5:55:47 AM6/30/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

we are planning to test the AdWords API, but we can't set up the necessary MCC Test Account: whenever we use your provided link, the account creation wizard will end up in creating a "normal" AdWords account instead of an MCC test account. We tried with many different email addresses and both new or existing google accounts.

Is it possible to create a production MCC account and "switch" it to a MCC test account afterwards?

Best,
Christian

Jun 30, 2014, 7:27:30 AM6/30/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian

We had the exact same problem, but I can assure you the link now works (having created test accounts on Friday and today).

Make sure you log out of all Google accounts before you follow the link ... I know that's something others have recommended, and it's what I did too.

Cheers

Christian Wolf

Jun 30, 2014, 8:31:04 AM6/30/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi H,

thank you for pointing us in the right direction - although we logged out of all accounts, we could not create a MCC test account.

However, we tried using the Chrome incognito mode, and had success - maybe "log out" inside a personlized Chrome is not the log out needed. While setting up the account in the privacy mode, we never left the actual setup page and were able to create a test MCC account (we got a redirect to the AdWords setup page in the normal mode of Chrome).

tl;dr: if you run into this, try using Chrome's privacy mode for the MCC test account,

thanks again,
best,
Christian

Melch Chun

Jul 2, 2014, 6:16:45 PM7/2/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, adwor...@imprint.com
My team and I ran into numerous problems attempting to create test MCC accounts. We tried in incognito windows, different browsers, and different team members' computers. What seemed to work for us was to log into gmail with an email address that does not have any existing associations with any sort of AdWords accounts, then navigate to create a test MCC account. Perhaps the refresh when you create a new account was clearing certain parameters that marked creation as for a test MCC account?

-Melch

Evan Halley

Jul 16, 2014, 11:01:22 AM7/16/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, adwor...@imprint.com
I too am having issues creating test MCC accounts.  Using the link provided in the documentation (and above) creates new non-MCC, non-test AdWords accounts. I've done this twice today, both times, non-MCC, non-test Adwords accounts.

Evan

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Jul 25, 2014, 3:00:16 PM7/25/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, adwor...@imprint.com
Hi,

Good news - we have a new page for creating test accounts! Simply follow the test accounts link and you will be redirected to the new, streamlined sign up process. Please update this post if you encounter any issues.

Cheers,
Josh, AdWords API Team

test.mc...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2016, 8:48:08 AM4/4/16
to AdWords API Forum
update link in documentation https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/test-accounts

now its https://adwords.google.com/um/Welcome/?sf=mt and it creates regualr AW accounts. (basicall no one can create test MCC using documentatioon)=,.-..-

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Apr 4, 2016, 9:39:33 AM4/4/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I just tried opening the link in the guide in an incognito window, and I saw Test Account on the form (see attached). Do you see the same?

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team
test_account.png

Peter Olvecký

Feb 22, 2017, 10:22:46 AM2/22/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi guys,

I've just spent about an hour trying to setup the test account. It doesn't work.

Even though the page says it's for the creation of test accounts ("Welcome to AdWords manager accounts (Test Account)") and the button at the bottom of the page also reads "Create a test account", two things happen when I hit the button:

2. I am being redirected to page for creation of production client account (https://adwords.google.com/um/Welcome/Home?a=1&authuser=0&sf=bb#ac)

Can you please help me?

Thank you,
Peter

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Feb 23, 2017, 8:47:25 AM2/23/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Peter,

Could you let me know which locale you are in? Also, if you wound up creating an account, could you send the email address for the account (or the customer ID) by clicking Reply privately to author on this email?

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Samuel Gjabel

Jun 5, 2017, 1:57:43 AM6/5/17
to AdWords API Forum
Same here! Trying to create a test ad account and nothing happened. IDK, but i think thats test accounts in a google and FB are the problem. Couse on the FB i got same result! :p

Dňa streda, 22. februára 2017 16:22:46 UTC+1 Peter Olvecký napísal(-a):

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Jun 5, 2017, 10:22:59 AM6/5/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

If you actually created an account, could you send the email address of that account only to me by clicking Reply privately to author on this message? Also, please let me know your physical locale, as that will help us determine if this is locale-related.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Jun 16, 2017, 11:02:02 AM6/16/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi all,

We recently made a change to address this issue. Please try creating an account again and post back here if you still encounter problems.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Dominique Star

Nov 27, 2017, 5:27:09 AM11/27/17
to AdWords API Forum
I'm having the same issue. Any account created with the https://adwords.google.com/um/Welcome/Home?a=1&sf=mt&authuser=0#ta link is not showing as a test ad account.

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Nov 27, 2017, 8:47:42 AM11/27/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

When clicking on that link do you:
  1. Open the link in an incongito window?
  2. See Test Account on the form as mentioned in my earlier post?
If you'd like me to take a look at the accounts you created, you can send the client customer IDs (xxx-xxx-xxxx) of those accounts only to me by clicking Reply privately to author on this post.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

dwch...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2018, 5:12:32 AM2/23/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I'm having an issue creating test Google Adwords account. I'm using the link https://adwords.google.com/um/Welcome/Home?sf=mt&authuser=0&pli=1#ta
and I don't see the red notice on the top that it is a test account.

Thanks,

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Feb 25, 2018, 9:11:41 AM2/25/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

That link looks correct. Could you send the client customer ID of the account you created only to me by clicking Reply privately to author on this message?

Thank you,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Feb 26, 2018, 9:11:15 AM2/26/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Thanks for sending me your customer ID. I'm responding here in case it's helpful to others.

The new AdWords Experience doesn't show the red banner, but if you log into your account and click on the wrench icon and Return to previous AdWords, you will see the banner.

I'll follow up with the UI team to see if they will add a similar banner to the new AdWords Experience. Sorry for the confusion this caused.

Cheers,
Josh, AdWords API Team

uatet...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2019, 11:58:50 AM3/22/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi! I have a problem with register test mcc account.
but when login into ads.google.com i see that it test account but without "API center".
So, how I can testing google adwords api?
Thank you.

понеділок, 26 лютого 2018 р. 16:11:15 UTC+2 користувач Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team) написав:
2019-03-22_16h54_25.png

googleadsapi...@google.com

Mar 22, 2019, 2:06:42 PM3/22/19
to uatet...@gmail.com, AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

You will only see the API Center on a production (non-test) manager account (see the sign up instructions). The link you mentioned below will create a test manager account that you can use for testing out the API.

Thanks,
Josh, Google Ads API Team

    http://googleadsdeveloper.blogspot.com/search/label/adwords_api
    https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/community/

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/883798f6-97dc-4864-b267-3e0a6e776727%40googlegroups.com.

Lucy Hoad

Jan 30, 2020, 12:40:47 PM1/30/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello

Any idea on how I can remove the test account from my MCC? The normal process doesn't work as it's already classed as closed.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jan 30, 2020, 3:53:57 PM1/30/20
to lu...@lucyhoadmarketing.co.uk, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Lucy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately through the API ManagedCustomerService you cannot remove test accounts from your MCC as it doesn’t support the remove function. You also can’t remove test accounts in the UI, and can only cancel or hide unwanted accounts. Let me know if you have further questions.

Thank you,
Bryan, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UUzqmL:ref

dhmitc...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2021, 3:06:00 PM4/27/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
If our CI test suite creates _n_ test accounts per day where _n_ is greater than 12, will that be a problem?

dhmitc...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2021, 3:08:48 PM4/27/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
ah, I see https://groups.google.com/g/adwords-api/c/SWw4JMRj2KE/m/2ei9GETmAAAJ; so, as long as I unlink it sb fine I guess

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Apr 27, 2021, 10:22:14 PM4/27/21
to dhmitc...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for the reply for this post.

As mentioned by my colleague on this forum thread, I am afraid that you cannot remove test accounts from your MCC as it doesn’t support the remove function. The suggestion provided on the forum thread that you mentioned is only applicable for unlinking production MCC account and production client account.

Regards,
Google Logo
Ernie John Blanca Tacata