I have a devloper token do I need to get a refresh token from a specific user

trance...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2018, 6:56:59 AM3/21/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I have gotten a google basic token from my manager account, now I want to fetch adwords reports for a specific account connected to my manager account.

QUESTION: Which client ID and client secret should I use them from manager account or the account that I want to read the reports from ? Also specific client that I want to read the ads for do I need to make get a refresh token from ? This is so confusing.

Milind Sankeshware (AdWords API Team)

Mar 21, 2018, 3:13:35 PM3/21/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi John,

You could use the client Id and client secret of any login. The access to accounts would depend on who authorizes the API call. While generating the refresh token, if the manager authorizes the call (generated authorization code by logging in as the manager and accepting the manual prompt), you will be able to use that set of OAuth credentials to make API calls against the MCC account and all client accounts in that hierarchy. On the other hand, if you only need access to a specific account via API, you can login as that user while generating the authorization code and use the refresh token generated in that flow instead. Please check here for more clarity. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Based on against which account you like to make the API call, you will need to change the client customer Id in your request header.

Thanks,
Milind, AdWords API Team.