Finding automated ads with awql

Joe Stedman

Dec 14, 2017, 7:02:55 AM12/14/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I'm using the c# library to request an awql report for automated ads in my account.
The Nuget package version I'm using is 22.4.0.0

When I try and request the report using this string:
"SELECT CreativeFinalUrls,AdGroupStatus,Status,AdGroupId,CampaignName,CampaignId,AdGroupName,HeadlinePart1,HeadlinePart2,Description FROM AD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT WHERE Status != 'DISABLED' AND Automated = 'TRUE'"
I get the error:
"Customer passed in invalid field name for a report type. (Error: ReportDefinitionError.INVALID_FIELD_NAME_FOR_REPORT, FieldPath: Automated, Trigger: )"

Is this correct? Is the AdWords Nuget package 'ReportUtilites' class currently using v201710 of the API?

I hope this is the right place to ask,

Thanks,
Joe

Joe Stedman

Dec 14, 2017, 8:50:17 AM12/14/17
to AdWords API Forum
Ok I solved this, but i'll leave it up in case anybody needs it in future.
I was using this method:
public ReportUtilities(AdWordsUser user, string query, string format);

Assuming it would use the latest AdWords version, but it does not.
Once you switch to this method:
public ReportUtilities(AdWordsUser user, string reportVersion, string query, string format);

You can define the AdWords version you need, which seemed to fix the problem. It does however mean that you'll need to keep changing your reportVersion string every time your version gets sunset.