Link client to MCC or OAuth 2.0

Neefla Technologies Ltd.

Sep 5, 2017, 12:23:43 PM9/5/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

We have several new clients soon and we have our own AdWords API developer token.
What is the best way to manage their accounts with the API :
  1. Link their accounts to our MCC account
  2. Get them to auhtroize our API app access to their accounts using OAuth  2.0 (note : client accounts DON'T have AdWords API enabled on their account - how can they give us access then?)

Thanks,

Noam.

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Sep 5, 2017, 3:48:08 PM9/5/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

By linking the manager account to the AdWords accounts, it will streamline the app review process and reduce the number of times you need to go through the authentication process to manage the AdWords accounts through the API. Calls made with the credentials of a manager account can target the manager account and all the accounts that are beneath it in the hierarchy.

A Developer token can be used to target any AdWords account, by using the OAuth2 credentials of the target account or one of its managers. You need to generate refresh tokens by logging in as a current user of the targeted account or one of its manager accounts to authorize the request and persist these refresh tokens in your application. You may then be able to use your existing developer token to target the AdWords accounts using AdWords API. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Bharani, AdWords API Team.

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Sep 20, 2017, 5:30:25 PM9/20/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Noam,

If you need to access the client account without linking it to your Manager account, make sure that you retrieve the authorization code from the browser link by logging in as a user who has access to the AdWords account. You must be logged in as a user who has access to the AdWords account against which you want to issue the request. You may refer to this document for more information.

Thanks,
Bharani, AdWords API Team