Campaign End Date : Can't Set End Date To Past

Pete Lavetsky (AdWords API Guru)

Apr 30, 2012, 1:31:08 PM4/30/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I have some campaigns that have a set end date of 20120430.  They've been set this way for a while and AdWords knows they're ending and according to their verbiage "Your ads will stop showing after this date, unless you change it later."

When attempting to mutate the campaigns today I received the API Error "CANNOT_SET_DATE_TO_PAST" which is described as "Trying to modify a date into the past."

Since the day is not over and AdWords verbiage states the ads will stop showing *after* this date, shouldn't mutations still be allowed the day the campaign is set to expire?

Pete

Kevin Winter

May 2, 2012, 10:44:40 AM5/2/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pete,
  I think this may be a timezone issue (depending on the timezone of the account versus the API servers, 4/30 may actually be in the past from the servers perspective).  In any case, you shouldn't need to send the endDate of a campaign in a mutate request unless you are changing the date - we recommend omitting it in your mutate calls.

Best,
- Kevin Winter, AdWords API Team