How to get from one report lowest grain for keyword search and display ad to be able to do a granular attribution?

el...@creditsesame.com

Sep 3, 2015, 8:56:19 AM9/3/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,
We are trying to pull via the API the cost associated with AdWords campaigns. We are pulling this data from the "Keyword Performance" report from which we are getting the following fields:

report = {
      'reportName': 'Yesterday Keyword Peformance',
      'dateRangeType': 'CUSTOM_DATE',
      'reportType': 'KEYWORDS_PERFORMANCE_REPORT',
      'downloadFormat': 'CSV',
      'selector': {
          'fields': ['Date', 'CampaignId', 'CampaignName', 'AdGroupId', 'AdGroupName',
          'AdGroupStatus', 'AdNetworkType1', 'AdNetworkType2', 'Id', 'Criteria',
          'KeywordMatchType', 'CriteriaDestinationUrl', 'FinalUrls', 'Device',
          'CpcBid', 'AveragePosition', 'Impressions', 'Clicks', 'Cost', 'AverageCpc'],
          'dateRange': {
            'min': '20150601',
            'max': '20150813'
            }
      }
  }

We are good for keyword search based ads ("Google Search" in AdNetworkType2) we can do a granular attribution with the fields listed above. But for display ads ("Display Network" in AdNetworkType2) it seems that the lowest grain we can get from the Keyword Performance Report is campaign, adgroup and device.
How can I differentiate the different version of the adgroup display ad? I looked in other reports ("Search Query" and "Ad Performance") which don't provide the data we need for keywords search base ads.

Thanks,
Elie

Umesh Dengale

Sep 3, 2015, 5:24:53 PM9/3/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Could you provide the SOAP XML request and response logs for the KEYWORDS_PERFORMANCE_REPORT? Please explain more about the different version of the adgroup display ad. Just click Reply privately to author in the forum when responding. Don't forget to remove the developer token in the output.

Thanks,
Umesh, AdWords API Team.