Is it possible to use Google Adwords API for keyword research personal use?

Edward Anthony

Oct 19, 2017, 3:13:34 PM10/19/17
to AdWords API Forum
Get the keyword idea in Google Keyword Planner, save the results to Excel and filter it, copy and paste it to the Google Keyword planner again to get the volume, and download the result again, this really takes time. Not to mention I have to compare the result for each country, which makes it even longer.

I want to make an automation tool that shortens my keyword researching process, for my personal use.

Is it possible to use Google Adwords API for this type of use?

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Oct 19, 2017, 3:39:01 PM10/19/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

You can use TargetingIdeaService in AdWords API to retrieve targeting ideas from your own tool/platform programmatically. You can use this service to obtain results similar to the functions under Find new keywords and get search volume data in Keyword Planner. Please see this guide for more details on using TargetingIdeaService.

As a first step, you need to sign up for API access by following the instructions provided here. While waiting for token approval, you can start developing and experimenting with the API immediately, using test accounts. Please note that TargetingIdeaSerice returns dummy data when used with test accounts. Once you get your developer token approved, you can start making requests against your production account. The GetKeywordIdeas Java example shows how to get keywords related to a seed keyword. Example code in other languages is provided here.

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.

Friedrich Epple

Oct 27, 2017, 10:26:40 AM10/27/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hallo,

I am very interested in searching for keywords with an automation tool because we have a lot of data to handle.

Do you know somebody who could realize such a tool programmatically (preferably from germany), or if there are already existing tools.

Kind regards

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Oct 27, 2017, 2:04:23 PM10/27/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

You could refer to the GetKeywordIdeas Java example which shows how to get keywords related to a seed keyword and follow the steps I listed earlier. I'll leave this post open to the forum so other users can recommend existing tools.