Too Many Impressions Reported in Third Party Reporting

in...@aceadwords.com

Aug 25, 2016, 10:00:26 AM8/25/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

We are currently experiencing an issue with the Adwords reporting within Act-On, which uses the Adwords API.

When logged into Adwords the number of impressions for the account is: 24360

When logged into Act-On however the number of impressions is: 27945

We have ensured that the same date range is being looked at on the two platforms, and the number of clicks, the cost, conversions and avg position are all consistent on both. The only difference is that the number of impressions reported to Act-On, from Adwords, is higher (please see table of metrics below).

We have tried different date ranges, and the problem persists - the impressions are always reported higher, but the other metrics like clicks are always correct.

We are not sure what could be causing this, but would appreciate any insight or suggestions.

InterfaceClicksImpressionsCTRAvg CPCCostConv.Avg Pos
Adwords2121243600.08710.811707.481411.1
Act-On2121279450.0760.811707.481411.1

Zweitze

Aug 25, 2016, 10:20:56 AM8/25/16
to AdWords API Forum
I don't know Act-On, so this may be irrelevant...

But, maybe Act-On requests data over many segments, like date, device etc.? And when you ask for data, they quickly add up everything?
If that is the case, check if they also include segment "ClickType". That is one special segmentation that causes differences in impressions and -to a lesser extent- average positions. This is especially the case when your account uses ad extensions like site links.

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Aug 25, 2016, 3:58:56 PM8/25/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Since Act-On is a third party platform, I feel that their support team would be the right team to help you with your queries. Even though Act-On uses Adwords API to perform its tasks, the application may have additional functionality or behavior that we aren’t familiar with.

You could reach out to Act-On support through this link. Feel free to point them over to this thread for additional context. If their team needs additional help troubleshooting the issue, ask them to reach out to us with their AdWords API logs and we can help them address the issues.

Let me know if you have more questions or need more help.

Cheers,
Vishal, AdWords API Team

in...@aceadwords.com

Aug 30, 2016, 12:44:26 PM8/30/16
to AdWords API Forum
Thank you both for your replies.

Zweitze - we will look to see if this is happening.

Vishal - Act-On support are not sure what the problem is and after speaking with Adwords support, we posted on this forum. I will see if I can get the Act-On guys to give some input on this thread :)

Many thanks,

Philip

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Aug 30, 2016, 3:00:08 PM8/30/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Philip,

Sounds good. I will keep an eye on any updates posted to this thread.

Regards,
Vishal, AdWords API Team