Cannot get removed FeedMapping using FeedMappingService

Petter

Nov 20, 2015, 3:53:55 AM11/20/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I using FeedMappingService to get REMOVED FeedMapping, but response page is empty.

Here is my code:

var selector = new Selector
            {
                fields = AllField,
                predicates = new[]
                                 {
                                     new Predicate { field = "PlaceholderType", @operator = PredicateOperator.EQUALS, values = new[] { "3" } },
                                     new Predicate { field = "Status", @operator = PredicateOperator.EQUALS, values = new[] { "REMOVED" } }
                                 }

            };

Thanks.

Umesh Dengale

Nov 20, 2015, 11:29:49 AM11/20/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Could you specify the list of fields to select from the FeedMapping in your code?  Please see this link for selector fields available to the FeedMappingService. Please check out Selector document for more details.

Regards,
Umesh, AdWords API Team.

Petter

Nov 22, 2015, 8:17:17 PM11/22/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Umesh,

This is selector in my code:

 var selector = new Selector
            {
                fields = new[] { "AttributeFieldMappings", "FeedId", "FeedMappingId", "PlaceholderType", "Status" },
                predicates = new[]
                                 {
                                     new Predicate { field = "PlaceholderType", @operator = PredicateOperator.EQUALS, values = new[] { "3" } },
                                     new Predicate { field = "Status", @operator = PredicateOperator.EQUALS, values = new[] { "REMOVED" } }
                                 }
            };

Thanks.

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Nov 23, 2015, 12:19:14 PM11/23/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Could you send me the feed ID or feed mapping ID of the FeedMapping that you are expecting to see in the result?

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Petter

Nov 23, 2015, 9:52:55 PM11/23/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Josh,

Please check information of Feed as following:

FeedId = 31616776
FeedMappingId = 34553692

Thanks.

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Nov 24, 2015, 8:27:36 AM11/24/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Thanks for sending over the IDs. The issue here is that that FeedMapping is actually ENABLED.

        <entries>
          <feedMappingId>34553692</feedMappingId>
          <feedId>31616776</feedId>
          <placeholderType>3</placeholderType>
          <status>ENABLED</status>
        </entries>

So your predicate on Status EQUALS REMOVED is excluding that object.

Cheers,
Josh, AdWords API Team

AU

Nov 24, 2015, 8:44:08 AM11/24/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Josh,

Please check by information as following:

FeedId = 31616776
FeedMappingId = 34553692

Thanks.

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Nov 24, 2015, 9:12:26 AM11/24/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Aren't those the same IDs you sent earlier? If so, please see my response from this morning.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Petter

Nov 24, 2015, 8:42:23 PM11/24/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Josh,

I see service API response FeedMapping is ENABLED. But on the AdWords website it is REMOVED.

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Nov 25, 2015, 10:00:36 AM11/25/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Could you send the screenshot of where you are seeing the FeedMapping is removed? Generally speaking, FeedMappings aren't directly visible in the user interface. The presence of a FeedMapping for a given placeholderType simply means that when you go to the Ad extensions tab and choose that extension type, you'll be able to select that Feed's FeedItems. In other words, a FeedMapping tells AdWords that the feed is eligible for use in the context of the placeholder type.

Are you perhaps looking at the Account Extensions, Campaign Extension, or Ad Extension sub tabs on the Ad extensions tab? If so, those correspond to CustomerFeed, CampaignFeed, and AdGroupFeed objects rather than FeedMappings. Looking at that feed, I see that it has a REMOVED CustomerFeed for placeholder type 3.

SELECT FeedId, MatchingFunction, PlaceholderTypes, Status WHERE FeedId = 31616776

Result:
<entries>
  <feedId>31616776</feedId>
  <matchingFunction>
  </matchingFunction>
  <placeholderTypes>3</placeholderTypes>
  <status>REMOVED</status>
</entries>

Cheers,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Petter

Nov 25, 2015, 9:00:01 PM11/25/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Josh,

This is screenshot on website & service response:

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Nov 28, 2015, 12:46:53 PM11/28/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

That screenshot shows that the status of the Feed is ENABLED. That object's status will be reflected in the Feed.status retrieved via the FeedService.

It looks to me like everything is working as intended. Could you clarify what the issue is now?

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

AU

Nov 29, 2015, 10:10:48 PM11/29/15