AdType for expanded dynamic search ad in AD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT

Dongliang Yu

Jun 15, 2017, 12:39:43 AM6/15/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

We use AdType predicate equals "DYNAMIC_SEARCH_AD" to download DSA ad from AD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT.

We have both old DSA ad and expanded DSA ad, now only old DSA ad can be downloaded while expanded DSA ad cannot. However if we remove the AdType predicate, expanded DSA ad can be downloaded together with old DSA ad.

What is the correct AdType for expanded DSA ad? We've tried EXPANDED_DYNAMIC_SEARCH_AD etc but does not work.

Thanks.

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

Jun 15, 2017, 8:34:28 AM6/15/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Can you confirm what version of the API you're using to make this request? I believe it's an issue with how the reports are published, but this may vary by version and knowing your version will help me narrow down.

I believe that this is currently under the "UNKNOWN" umbrella, so I'm going to look into seeing if we can publish a new enum value for these ad types.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team

joel

Jun 15, 2017, 9:08:56 AM6/15/17
to AdWords API Forum
I see this too in API v. 201609. AD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT, The report row is return like below, see adType='unknown':

<row adID='1234' adGroupID='5678' adType='unknown' adState='enabled' finalURL='--' mobileFinalURL='--' descriptionLine1='' descriptionLine2='' ad='' displayURL='' adApprovalStatus='approved' devicePreference='--' description='our long ETA desc' headline1='--' headline2='--' path1='--' path2='--'/>

Oliver

Jun 15, 2017, 10:46:59 AM6/15/17
to AdWords API Forum
We use v201705 and we currently can't download Expanded DSA because there is no type for it.  We don't want to use type UNKNOWN in case we get back other unwanted ad types as well.

A new enum value for this ad type would be great!

Oliver

joe

Jun 16, 2017, 4:41:48 PM6/16/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Michael,

I also am seeing this issue and use v201609 (plan to move to v201702 soon).  Could you provide an update on publishing a new enum value as this is currently blocking our team's ability to fully adopt Expanded DSA

Thanks,
Joe

Dongliang Yu

Jun 18, 2017, 10:49:10 PM6/18/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Mike,

From other people's post, seems it does not work for all API versions.

Can we say Expanded DSA is not supported to be downloaded separately under its own category? And it cannot be supported until next API version release? (use "UNKNOWN" is dangerous)

Thanks!

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

Jun 19, 2017, 8:24:11 AM6/19/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Thank you for the extra information. We are currently discussing the best way to handle this. I will respond again to this thread when I have more information to share.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team

Dongliang Yu

Jun 26, 2017, 7:42:46 AM6/26/17
to AdWords API Forum
HI Michael,

Do we have any update for the solution?

Thanks!

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

Jun 26, 2017, 8:31:42 AM6/26/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

We have a solution in the works but I have nothing to share publicly yet, unfortunately. As soon as it is ready I or someone from my team will follow up again on this thread with more details.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team

Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)

Jul 20, 2017, 11:56:57 AM7/20/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

This issue has just been fixed.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,
Thanet, AdWords API Team

dyla...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2017, 5:15:22 AM7/24/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Can you explain more details about the fix, now we can use "EXPANDED_DYNAMIC_SEARCH_AD" to get Expanded DSA or just use DYNAMIC_SEARCH_AD returns all DSA ad?

Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)

Jul 24, 2017, 5:47:02 AM7/24/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Dylan,

Sorry for confusion.
It's the former--now we can use EXPANDED_DYNAMIC_SEARCH_AD to get expanded DSAs.

Best,
Thanet, AdWords API Team