AdWords API neighborhood issue in Poland in DoubleClick

mbo...@google.com

Dec 8, 2016, 9:49:57 AM12/8/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi There,

My client implemented dynamic geo campaign into DoubleClick Studio. He used AdWords API canonical name from cities in Poland and their neighborhoods. However, after launching the campaign we noticed that this neighborhoods option doesn't work in Poland as there was a little precise impressions. System weren't able to localize user in particular neighborhood and default as was served.
The result of this campaign was that client had a massive (70-80%) impressions of default creative instead of precise creative dedicated to particular neighborhood.

Could You please explain why this neighborhood option doesn't work?

Many Thanks in advance,
Magda

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Dec 8, 2016, 1:51:31 PM12/8/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Magda,

Could you provide more details as to how they setup Geo targeting, so I can see what's wrong? In AdWords API, you can provide geographical targets using the LocationLocationGroups and Proximity criterion. If they were successfully able to use the API to set up Geo targets, I would suggest that you contact AdWords Community Forum as they are better equipped to answer this.

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.