EntityCountLimitExceeded.ADGROUP_LIMIT of "TEXT_CREATIVES_PER_ADGROUP"

T.Motodate

Mar 26, 2017, 9:40:41 PM3/26/17
to AdWords API Forum
When I attempted adding the expanded_text_ad to a certain adGroup, API said the below error:

=====Error=====
EntityCountLimitExceeded.ADGROUP_LIMIT @ operations[18]; trigger:'<null>' (enclosingId=6967267822, limit=50, accountLimitType=TEXT_CREATIVES_PER_ADGROUP, existingCount=32)
==========

I guessed that AdGroup has the limit of holding ads.
However, I couldn't find how many ads can we add in an AdGroup.

So, I have some questions.

1) If my guess is right, how many ads can we add?
2) If 1) is yes, I have to delete some ads to add new ads?
    Or, are there any walk-around?

Peter Oliquino

Mar 26, 2017, 11:40:13 PM3/26/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

As mentioned in this documentation, the text and non-image/gallery ads limit for an Ad Group is 50. As a workaround, you could REMOVE some of the ads in which you no longer use (including Ads that are PAUSED). Only entities that are in REMOVED status are not included in the limit. I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team

Don Mitchell

Jun 2, 2020, 9:26:51 AM6/2/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
It's interesting that the OP's example says there are 32 existing out of a limit of 50. I'm seeing similar numbers with this exception. However, I also see in the OP that the error occurs on item 19; so, it could be that all 18 operations before this one were against the same ad group which would explain it.