Rate Limit / Best Practices for Remarketing

Prashant Pandey

May 22, 2018, 5:38:13 AM5/22/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi I have few question regarding the rate-limiting for Remarketing.
I want to upload 50 million emails using the above example. I want to understand what are the best practices to do it.
As far as I understand, you can give 10000 emails in one request per user list, correct? That means I have to make 50M/10000 = 5,000 request? Or even worse, as there is no support for Batch Operation for MutateOperation in above example, I am batching actually 2000 emails per request so that makes 25000 request. At what point would I be get RateLimit exceeded error.

Also is it even possible with basic developer token to make 25000 request. What is the upper limit for basic developer token?

This is a story of one of our big customers. We have plenty of Customers looking to upload emails at this scale.

Please help

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

May 22, 2018, 1:26:15 PM5/22/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Prashant,

Please find my response below:

I want to upload 50 million emails using the above example. I want to understand what are the best practices to do it.
As far as I understand, you can give 10000 emails in one request per user list, correct? That means I have to make 50M/10000 = 5,000 request? Or even worse, as there is no support for Batch Operation for MutateOperation in above example, I am batching actually 2000 emails per request so that makes 25000 request. At what point would I be get RateLimit exceeded error.
You will be able to add/remove up to 1000000 members to a member list. Please check this guide for more information. Batch Job Processing is currently not supported for the AdWordsUserListService.

Also is it even possible with basic developer token to make 25000 request. What is the upper limit for basic developer token?
With a Basic access developer token, you will be able to execute 10,000 operations and download up to 1000 reports per day. So on this scale, if you're looking to upload up to 50M emails, it would be counted as 50 operations towards the daily limits. For each upload, you will be able to check the operations count in the response header which will be calculated towards the daily limit.

Regards,
Bharani, AdWords API Team

Prashant Pandey

May 23, 2018, 1:48:22 PM5/23/18
to adwordsapiad...@google.com, AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
You will be able to add/remove up to 1000000 members to a member list. Please check this guide for more information. Batch Job Processing is currently not supported for the AdWordsUserListService.
 I am confused, sorry. You mean I can add 1Million members to a member list in one request or overall?

With a Basic access developer token, you will be able to execute 10,000 operations and download up to 1000 reports per day. So on this scale, if you're looking to upload up to 50M emails, it would be counted as 50 operations towards the daily limits.
I will be able to achieve 50 operations only if I send 1Million members per request correct? I want to understand how are "Operations" defined. If I am sending 50M emails in 25000 request ( calling mutateMembers 25000 times ) will it still be counted as 50 operations or 25000 operations.

Also what do you suggest the batch size should be? 1 Million or a more frugal 2k?

Please bear with me.

Thanks

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/b1dfbaf1-e962-477c-a1fa-e86c40663429%40googlegroups.com.

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

May 23, 2018, 5:41:41 PM5/23/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Prashant,

You will be able to add up to 1Million users in a single request. This will be calculated as one operation towards the daily limit. You will be able to verify this through the Operations count in the response header. Please check this guide on how operations are counted towards the account limits.

This said, ideally uploading 1Million users in a single request should work. If you're having any trouble, please share the request Id and the error you're receiving, so I can take a look.

Prashant Pandey

May 24, 2018, 2:09:52 AM5/24/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
No I am not having any trouble in adding 1Million users in a single request, just that I have never thought of uploading more that 10k emails per request. But allow me sometime to get back after trying this. Thanks.