how to tag clicks and get detailed click reports based on these tags

PPC Developer

Jan 18, 2017, 11:13:42 AM1/18/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Our scenario is the following: We're tracking each customer's mobile carrier. We'd like to track conversion rates for each of our goals broken down to customer's mobile carrier. We have the "Purchase" conversion code defined and is already being tracked. We'd like to get "Click to Purchase" rate but broken down to customer's mobile carrier info level. Right now, I get one rate which looks at all clicks and all purchases. But I need to slice this data using customer's mobile carrier.

I looked at below:

Remarketing Audience: I looked into remarketing audience, but not clear to me how we do this. If we define an audience ID for each mobile carrier, and then tag each click with this ID?...And then get the Click Performance Report via the API and use UserListId field. Would this work?

I've looked at Google Tag Manager, not clear if this is the right way to do it.

I've looked at Analytics custom tracking and sharing goals in between Adwords and Analytics, but not clear to me how this would work, what we'll trigger in the flow and how to extract this information using which report/api later?

I'm guessing this must be a common scenario, what's the best way to do this?

Thx for your help.

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Jan 18, 2017, 2:00:33 PM1/18/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

You could get the targeting type implemented as the Carrier criteria mobile carriers using the ConstantDataService. The specific UserList could be created with this criteria and then using the Criteria Performance report you should be able to retrieve the conversion stats.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team

PPC Developer

Jan 20, 2017, 12:32:50 AM1/20/17
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks, this is interesting. So this carrier criteria is only applicable in Display ads it seems according to this

But the carrier data is available for search traffic?

Can the criteria be created at the parent MCC level and later pull the criteria performance report for all child accounts?

PPC Developer

Jan 20, 2017, 12:40:45 AM1/20/17
to AdWords API Forum
One more question about this: To create the user list with the criteria (Created via Mobile Carrier criteria using ConstantDataService), which type of userlist will be used? The type can be one of these I guess, but can't understand which type to use to achieve this

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Jan 20, 2017, 2:00:11 PM1/20/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Yes, the carrier criteria is only applicable for Display ads. To answer your second question, criteria needs to be applied at the specific level. If you are looking to pull data using the criteria performance report on child accounts, you will need to apply the criteria at the same level.

As an alternative, you may try to use the CampaignCriterionService with the criterion.type as 'CARRIER' since mobile carrier criteria can be targeted at campaign level. You could then use the CampaignPerformanceReport for stats.

To be sure, I would suggest that you post your question on the AdWords Community Forum since they support product and UI related questions.

PPC Developer

Jan 20, 2017, 4:52:45 PM1/20/17
to adwordsapiadvi...@google.com, AdWords API Forum
I see, thanks. Well this method will not work for us because we need this for search traffic. However, we already have the telecom info in the traffic we get. All we need to do is to segment the traffic with information we have and then pull conversion reports.

The problem is a generic one, not about telecom carriers. Consider I have N flows splitting the traffic coming from adwords. Each go to a 2- step payment flow with 2 conversions. Step1 conversion and Step2 conversion. And I'd like to measure which of the N flows we have is performing the best for Step1 or Step2 conversions.

How can we do this using AdWords APIs?

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AdWords API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/af15628f-aacf-40e6-876e-68f932467738%40googlegroups.com.

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Jan 23, 2017, 11:51:21 AM1/23/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

You could implement the conversion tracking with required conversion tags and then track these conversions from the Ad impressions. Please check our guide on conversion tracking for reference.

To extract the data from reports, you may segment the data using the conversiontypename for instance or segment the data on any field with Behavior as 'Segment' to meet your data needs.

Hope this helps.

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Jan 23, 2017, 4:19:03 PM1/23/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Unfortunately, there might not be an easy way to do this.

I strongly recommend that you post this question in the Advertisers community forum to check if there are any better options.