TargetingIdeaService using CountryTarget UK

rick

Mar 19, 2010, 8:38:28 AM3/19/10
to AdWords API Forum
I'm using the Java 200909 client library. I'm making a call to the
TargetingIdeaService to get ideas with LanguageTarget en and
CountryTarget UK and I get the following exception. If I change my
country target to US, everything works fine.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

-rick

AxisFault
faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}
Server.userException
faultSubcode:
faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid element in
com.google.api.adwords.v200909.cm.ApiError - reason
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:org.xml.sax.SAXException:
Invalid element in com.google.api.adwords.v200909.cm.ApiError - reason
at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializer.onStartChild(BeanDeserializer.java:
258)
at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.startElement(DeserializationContext.java:
1035)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown
Source)
at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl
$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at
Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:
227)
at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:696)
at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:435)
at
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstandChecker.java:
62)
at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:206)
at
com.google.api.adwords.v200909.o.TargetingIdeaServiceSoapBindingStub.get(TargetingIdeaServiceSoapBindingStub.java:
1230)

rick

Mar 19, 2010, 2:28:15 PM3/19/10
to AdWords API Forum
I traced through the Axis debug and found an INVALID_REGION_CODE
hidden in the malformed response.
It turns out that UK is not supported, but GB works fine.

Is there a table of valid language and country codes somewhere?

AdWords API Advisor

Mar 22, 2010, 7:54:46 AM3/22/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

A list of available language codes is located here:

http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/developer/adwords_api_languages.html

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team