AccountService is only available on a whitelist basis

carlinda

Nov 9, 2011, 10:26:38 AM11/9/11
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

What does "AccountService is only available on a whitelist basis"
means?
I'm still using that service and I will want to continue doing it
after February.

How can my account be on that whitelist?

Thanks

Danial Klimkin

Nov 11, 2011, 10:58:09 AM11/11/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello carlinda,

In most cases ServicedAccountService is a new replacement for the AccountService. Please migrate to SAS before Feb. If there is any functionality missing please let us know.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.

carlinda

Nov 18, 2011, 2:27:30 PM11/18/11
to AdWords API Forum
Thank you!
I will check then.

- Carlita

On Nov 11, 7:58 am, Danial Klimkin <danial.klimkin+fo...@google.com>

Kraszi

Dec 15, 2011, 7:33:12 AM12/15/11
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Danial,

We're in the same situation as Carlinda.
I've just checked ServicedAccountService you mentioned. API
documentation says that dateTimeZone field is not provided by
ServicedAccountService. Why is it not supported?
We need our customers' timezone information and v13 AccountService
provides it. Is there any way to retrieve that with v201109 API
services?

Thanks,
Peter

On Nov 11, 4:58 pm, Danial Klimkin <danial.klimkin+fo...@google.com>

Dr.g.

Dec 15, 2011, 7:51:07 AM12/15/11
to AdWords API Forum
Hey Danial,

Same problem here.

Thanks,
R.g.

Kevin Winter

Dec 15, 2011, 10:02:56 AM12/15/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,
  The Account Performance Report has this information (timezone as well as currency): http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/appendix/reports.html#account

With AdHoc reports, there is zero cost to download this report which only needs to be done once per account and you can cache the values (currency and timezone cannot be changed once the account is created).

- Kevin Winter
AdWords API Team

Stefan Podkowinski

Dec 15, 2011, 11:10:49 AM12/15/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com

Both the v13 account service and the new reporting service will return different kind of values.
The v13 account service uses the timezone ID, such as "Europe/Berlin". This is a good idea, as it can be used with timezone databases that have historical data and know how to convert between daylight saving time correctly.

The timezoneId field in the generated reports will give you the GMT offset. E.g. for one of our accounts this would be '(GMT+01:00) Berlin'. I could parse this value and work with the GMT offset, but the offset will change between summer/winter time. So I'd have to pull this report on daily basis and update the value in my database to track changes.

What I also noticed is that the timezone will not be correct for historical data in the report. E.g. when I request a report for june, I won't get the correct summer time offset:
'Jun 1, 2011' - '(GMT+01:00) Berlin' -> should be +2

Eric Koleda

Dec 19, 2011, 12:36:40 PM12/19/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
HI Stefan,

Thanks for the feedback about this data.  I can see how having the timezone in a more standard format would be desirable, and I'll see if there is anything we can do to enable that.  Like all non-statistical properties, the timezone in the report will reflect the current state of the account.

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team

timp

Dec 19, 2011, 5:09:42 PM12/19/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I would just like to third/fourth/whatever the comments in this thread.

Downloading a report just to get timezone information is sort of lame.

Why not provide it in the current information service?

-tim

Kraszi

Dec 20, 2011, 8:32:01 AM12/20/11
to AdWords API Forum
I don't think either that it's an elegant way to get the timezone info
from a report. Assembling a report definition, downloading the report
and parsing the resulted file is much more complicated than just
getting a field of an object as it was in v13 AccountService with
using client libraries. So I don't really understand why it's
necessary to shut down a service until there is no a real replacement
for it.

After experiencing with the Account performance report some issues /
concerns has arisen:
- You have to include at least one statistical field into the report
to get any data in the report. I tried to get a report with the only
field "AccountTimeZoneId" in the report definition and there was no
row containing the data. After I added "Impressions" to the
definition, I got the result.
- It seems to me that <includeZeroImpressions> tag doesn't work for
this case. I set it to TRUE but it didn't give back any row for an
account that has no impressions for the selected period. You should
set the period to "ALL_TIME" but you cannot even get the timezone this
way if the account has no impressions at all.
- As the value of timeZone is like that timeZone='(GMT+01:00) Berlin'
instead of "Europe/Berlin" you have to pull the report regularly to
detect when the daylight saving time changes. And I'm not convinced at
all that it'll change to GMT+02:00 when the timezone shifts to summer
time.

Peter

Eric Koleda

Dec 20, 2011, 4:41:52 PM12/20/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

Thank for the detailed feedback.  We recently became aware of the zero-impressions problem with the ACCOUNT report and are working to address it.  We agree that this new method of retrieving the account's timezone is not ideal, and we are working with the core engineering team to improve it.

Best,
- Eric

mm

Jan 9, 2012, 11:21:06 AM1/9/12
to AdWords API Forum
Hey guys -
As the deadline for the V13 AccountService deprecation approaches,
where are we with the replacement of it's capabilities? As others have
noted, without some account activity, it is impossible to get data
with the AccountPerformanceReport, which makes using it instead a non-
option for us. In addition to the timezone, I also need the account
descriptive name from the SAS. Any update on when we can expect
functional equivalence with the V13 AccountService?

Thanks!
Margaret

Eric Koleda

Jan 10, 2012, 6:13:36 PM1/10/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Margaret,

Although there are zero-impression issues with the ACCOUNT report, the CAMPAIGN report should work fine with zero-impression data.  The timezone and descriptive name fields are available in that report.  We recognize that this is not idea, but it is the current recommended way to retrieve that data.

Best,
- Eric

mm

Jan 11, 2012, 11:59:38 AM1/11/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I've created a CampaignPerformanceReport which includes the AccountDescriptiveName & AccountTimeZoneId. However, the value returned for the AccountTimeZoneId is 1. How do I interpret that data?

Eric Koleda

Jan 11, 2012, 1:09:07 PM1/11/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This week an issue arose that caused the timezone to be returned as an internal ID, instead of a string.  We are working to correct the problem, but at this time I don't know when exactly the fix will be complete.

Best,
- Eric

Kevin Winter

Jan 12, 2012, 9:25:12 AM1/12/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  Just wanted to let you know that I just verified the fix we pushed to prod - timezones should return in this format now: (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time

- Kevin Winter
AdWords API Team

Rob

Jan 27, 2012, 12:12:07 PM1/27/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Eric - having the time zones in a known standard would be much easier.  The time zone "Europe/Berlin" would be the same string value in summer or winter, so taking it from the current state of the account wouldn't be a problem.

It's bad enough that I have to pull reports to get the time zone, but I also need a translation function to strip the GMT offsets and convert those non-standard locations into standard ones.

Really not impressed that you're dropping the V13 account service without a suitable replacement.

Rob

Jan 30, 2012, 6:11:10 AM1/30/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is there any chance we could get a list of the API time zones documented please?  You have all the currencies and geo targeting options under "System Codes", but not these.

Alexander Nitschke

Jan 30, 2012, 7:24:52 AM1/30/12
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Rob,

a list is available in the V13 doc:
http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/docs/developer/adwords_api_timezones.html

It works for me (so far) so I suppose it's still valid. It should be
under the new System Codes as well though

Best wishes
Alexander

Rob

Jan 30, 2012, 11:47:56 AM1/30/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for that Alexander, I missed it in my search.

However, I'm really after the codes that are being sent in the v201109 reports so I can map them back to the standard ones.  This is the list I have seen so far, and there appears to be very little logic behind it :(

            'GMT (no daylight saving)'          => 'Etc/GMT',
            'Johannesburg'                      => 'Africa/Johannesburg',
            'Central Time'                      => 'America/Chicago',
            'Mountain Time'                     => 'America/Denver',
            'Pacific Time'                      => 'America/Los_Angeles',
            'Eastern Time'                      => 'America/New_York',
            'Hong Kong'                         => 'Asia/Hong_Kong',
            'Kuala Lumpur'                      => 'Asia/Kuala_Lumpur',
            'Singapore'                         => 'Asia/Singapore',
            'Tokyo'                             => 'Asia/Tokyo',
            'Eastern Time - Melbourne, Sydney'  => 'Australia/Sydney',
            'Amsterdam'                         => 'Europe/Amsterdam',
            'Berlin'                            => 'Europe/Berlin',
            'Dublin'                            => 'Europe/Dublin',
            'London'                            => 'Europe/London',
            'Madrid'                            => 'Europe/Madrid',
            'Oslo'                              => 'Europe/Oslo',
            'Auckland'                          => 'Pacific/Auckland',
            'Hawaii Time'                       => 'Pacific/Honolulu',

AdWordsAPIAdvisor

Jan 31, 2012, 6:37:44 AM1/31/12
to rob.n...@infinity-tracking.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rod,

We will get this updated.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.

alok

Jul 26, 2012, 3:11:12 AM7/26/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Danial,

I want to set and get Budgets at accounts level.This facility was provided in v13 account service but i dont see it in SAS.CAn you point me to the right service which should be used to set/get budget at account level (not campaign level)

Regards,
Alok

AdWordsAPIAdvisor

Jul 26, 2012, 6:13:11 AM7/26/12
to aloks...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Alok,

This functionality is available in the BudgetOrderService:

https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/latest/BudgetOrderService

-Danial, AdWords API Team.

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
From: alok <aloks...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: AccountService is only available on a whitelist basis
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 00:11:12 -0700 (PDT)

alok

Jul 27, 2012, 8:27:08 AM7/27/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, aloks...@gmail.com
Hi Danial,

Is there any example code to set and get busget using budgetOrderService.Iam confused with what fields should go into the selector fields

Thanks,
Alok
> adwords-api+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

AdWordsAPIAdvisor

Jul 30, 2012, 2:47:39 AM7/30/12
to aloks...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Alok,

We do not have any public examples available at the moment. I'll log this
as a request for future library releases.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
From: alok <aloks...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 05:27:08 -0700 (PDT)
> > > adwords-api...@googlegroups.com
> > > For more options, visit this group at
> > > http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api?hl=en

veseo

Aug 2, 2012, 6:33:05 AM8/2/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, aloks...@gmail.com
Hello,

will we be able to use v13's AccountService to manipulate budgets after that service's sunset date or all of its methods (including those for budgets) will be sunset on 20 August 2012?
> > > For more options, visit this group at
> > > http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api?hl=en

alok

Aug 3, 2012, 2:01:46 AM8/3/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, aloks...@gmail.com
Hello Danial,

I was able to get and mutate (add budget) to the accounts using BudgetOrderService of v201206.But when i try to set (update) or remove the budget for the account i get error with msg "BudgetOrderError.BUDGET_ALREDY_STARTED".Does that mean we cannot set/remove a budget when the startDateTime already started.What the rule to set/remove a budget?

Thanks,
Alok
> > > adwords-api+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
> > > For more options, visit this group at
> > > http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api?hl=en

AdWordsAPIAdvisor

Aug 3, 2012, 8:42:48 AM8/3/12
to herni...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com, aloks...@gmail.com
Hello veseo,

The v13 AccountService (and v13 in general) will be completely disabled on
the sunset date.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.

Original Message Follows:
From: veseo <herni...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 03:33:05 -0700 (PDT)

Danial Klimkin

Aug 3, 2012, 8:47:25 AM8/3/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, aloks...@gmail.com
Hello Alok,

The budget start date can not be changed once it has started. The end date should be available to set.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.