Retrieve account creation date

te...@segment.com

Jun 23, 2016, 4:02:54 PM6/23/16
to AdWords API Forum
I've been trying to find the created date of the AdWords account so that I can fetch reports (using min / max date ranges) in increments so that users can see how stats grew over time. Without knowing the creation time of an account, I just have to set an arbitrary min time for the first increment. I saw this thread (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/adwords-api/32TomWaxyd4) and it asked for a use case so I thought I'd repost because it's quite old. Do you have any recommendations for this use case?

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Jun 23, 2016, 6:09:24 PM6/23/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Tejas,

I'm afraid there is no field to provide the date on which the account was created. You could use the Account Performance Report as suggested in the referred post. Be sure to query the report with the includeZeroImpressions header set to true so that you get data from the date on which the account was created rather than the date on which the account started serving ads. Similarly, you can find the account creation date by selecting All time in the date selector available in the top right corner in the AdWords account tab.

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.

te...@segment.com

Jun 23, 2016, 6:43:08 PM6/23/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Shwetha,

Gotcha. That's unfortunate. Finding the account creation date via the UI is only viable if this is your own account- not for applications. Are you suggesting to find the creation date of the account via the Date field of the response of Account Performance Report? Not the best thing in the world, but I suppose that could work.

Also, is there a way to retrieve a single report that returns data for multiple time increments within a certain date range (e.g. every day separately within 6/20 - 6/23)? This is a common use case and one provided by Facebook Ads API. For example, if you want to get day-by-day data over a year, it seems you have to send a report per day.

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Jun 24, 2016, 9:57:30 AM6/24/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

For the first question, I'm afraid that's the only workaround I could think of using the API.

For the second one, you can segment your reports by Date and set the required DateRange in the report query to get the day-by-day data in that range. You can also query for HourOfDay in some reports to segment the report further.

te...@segment.com

Jun 24, 2016, 2:21:15 PM6/24/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hm, sorry- would you show an example query? Are you saying it's possible to get day-by-day data over a report using a multi-day DateRange? Or, are you saying to create multiple reports each with single-day ranges (what I'm doing now). If the former (multiple day breakdowns in 1 report), is there a way to do the same thing for hours within a day?

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Jun 24, 2016, 3:10:54 PM6/24/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Tejas,

Yes, if you add the field "Date" in the report query, the report data will be segmented by day within the given DateRange. The field "HourOfDay" will segment the report based on the time on a given day if used along with the "Date" field. Please note that these fields will not be available in all report types and may be incompatible with other fields. For a more detailed description of report types and available fields, please refer this document

An example query to get campaign performance for last week would look like this:
SELECT Date, HourOfDay, CampaignName, Impressions, Cost FROM CAMPAIGN_PERFORMANCE_REPORT DURING LAST_WEEK;

te...@segment.com

Jun 24, 2016, 3:59:00 PM6/24/16
to AdWords API Forum
Awesome!! My bad. I was confused initially how that could be represented as a single value for a DateRange but it makes sense now.

te...@segment.com

Jun 24, 2016, 4:03:58 PM6/24/16
to AdWords API Forum
If it's not possible to get the account created date, is it possible to get the creation date of a campaign or ad? I could just make the report fetch data after that date for each ad.

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Jun 24, 2016, 4:29:51 PM6/24/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Tejas,

You could query for StartDate in the Campaign Performance Report. When you add a campaign, this field defaults to the current day in the parent account's local timezone. Please note that if this value has been changed after campaign creation, this will no longer indicate the date on which the campaign was created.

Tejas Manohar

Jun 24, 2016, 6:00:08 PM6/24/16
to adwordsapiad...@google.com, AdWords API Forum
Please note that if this value has been changed after campaign creation, this will no longer indicate the date on which the campaign was created.

What value? Shouldn't StartDate be immutable?

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AdWords API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/a3d19dae-3608-4b41-90d7-cf34cbaa82dd%40googlegroups.com.
Best regards,

Tejas Manohar

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Jun 27, 2016, 1:01:59 PM6/27/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Tejas,

The StartDate of a Campaign is not immutable. This isn't the actual creation date of the campaign. On Campaign creation, it defaults to the current date, but it can also be modified which can be useful if you want the campaign to start at a later date of your choosing. If you haven't made any changes to the StartDate, this will indicate the campaign creation date.

Webs

Feb 12, 2020, 8:00:14 AM2/12/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello there,

I am stuck in a problem. I have to show the create date of a ad_group so is there any way to get the started date of ad_group in google ads api or another alternate solution ?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 12, 2020, 3:38:10 PM2/12/20
to rohitjo...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. With regards to your concern, the start date field is currently not available with the ad groups. As a work around, you could
segment the Ad Group Performance report by date and check zero impressions. There could be a chance that the ad groups were not created before then. Also, I have raised a feature request on your behalf internally within our team. Please keep an eye on our blog post for updates related to this.

Regards,
Nikisha Patel, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UV0ZnU:ref