can't download "conversion label" field

PPC Developer

Jan 16, 2017, 1:16:05 PM1/16/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

We're tracking specific user actions with different conversion actions (goals). For instance, I have a goal called "Question Posted". And I'd like to track "telecom carrier" of user's phone carrier (I have access to that, and this problem can be applied to any other labeling scenario). We're triggering Posted Question tracking code with conversion_label = TMobile or ATT or Germany-Vodafone, etc... via JavaScript when we detect the user's carrier.

But then, how do I pull this data?  Ultimately, I'd like to analyze "Ad Clicks to Posted Question sliced per <label> which in this case is Telecom Carrier string"...

ConversionTrackingService doesn't provide "conversion label" as a field. What's the best way to do this? Also didn't understand how it's possible to enter labels for a conversion goal but there's no way to pull that data? I must be missing something.

Peter Oliquino

Jan 16, 2017, 10:40:02 PM1/16/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

You may try and use the ConversionTrackerSerivce.get to retrieve the ConverstionTrackers in your account. From the returned information, you may then get the snippet of the conversion Tracker that should contain the Conversion ID and the Conversion Label. I hope this helps.

Thanks and regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team

PPC Developer

Jan 17, 2017, 10:11:19 AM1/17/17
to AdWords API Forum
I see, thanks. So now, how do I get that snippet information in a click performance report? Today, I can pull a report via the API using "conversion name" field, which has conversion values as we defined in the dashboard, such as "Question Posted" or "Question Paid". So now, how do extract snippets (to get conversion labels) in the "posted question" conversions?

I'm basically trying to filter "Questions Posted" conversions using the "conversion Label" attribute. So I can calculate "TMobile Click to Question Posted metrics" vs "AT&T Click to Question Posted Metrics", etc...

Peter Oliquino

Jan 18, 2017, 12:10:20 AM1/18/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

The snippet field containing the "conversion label" is currently not supported in any of the reports in the AdWords API. Although there is no definite information whether it will be available anytime soon, you may, in the meantime, follow our blog for any future updates or announcements. For more information on the supported conversion fields, you may refer to this guide and our reports page for the complete list of conversion fields and the report types that support them.

Best regards,
Peter
AdWords API team

PPC Developer

Jan 18, 2017, 9:33:57 AM1/18/17
to AdWords API Forum
I see, ok thanks. Not in the reports, good. Is there any other way via the APIs to query clicks and conversions with labels?

Joyce Lava

Jan 18, 2017, 9:23:12 PM1/18/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I will provide support to you on behalf of Peter. About your recent question, there is no other API service I am aware of that will return conversion label other than ConversionTrackerService.get which was previously provided by Peter. Since Clicks is a metric field and there is no report that supports conversion labels at this time, I recommend keeping an eye to our blog regarding future releases.

Thanks,
Joyce, AdWords API Team