keyword bid update in base campaign with Trial

xiangdong peng

May 25, 2016, 1:32:41 PM5/25/16
to AdWords API Forum
I am reading the document here.

Changes to entities of the base campaign after creating the trial will be applied to the trial asynchronously, unless the changed fields were overridden in the draft. Changes to the draft have no effect on a trial once it has been created.

My question here is whether it is possible to change keyword bid in base campaign and trial campaign , and the changes in base campaign doesn't apply to trial.

I tested the first part, and saw different bid for the keyword in base and trial, but I am not sure whether the bid update in base campaign will eventually override bid in trial.

Anthony Madrigal

May 25, 2016, 3:41:58 PM5/25/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Xiangdong,

Since these are treated as two different campaigns, changes made to the base campaign such as bid updates will not override the bids in the trial campaign.

Cheers,
Anthony
AdWords API Team

xiangdong peng

May 25, 2016, 5:10:30 PM5/25/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Anthoy,

thanks for confirm, then what does "Changes to entities of the base campaign after creating the trial will be applied to the trial asynchronously, unless the changed fields were overridden in the draft. Changes to the draft have no effect on a trial once it has been created." exactly mean in TrialService overview?

Is it possible to get a complete list that the changes in base campaign will be applied to trial asynchronously? or the document is wrong.

We are planning to use DraftService/TrialService for bid/creative/landing page experiment etc.

Thanks,
Xiangdong

Anthony Madrigal

May 26, 2016, 10:07:59 AM5/26/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Xiangdong,

What this means is that the changes made to your base campaign will be applied to your trial. However, if you had made changes to your draft, it will be applied to the trial. Once the trial is created then no changes will be made to the trial from the draft.

Please also see our guide on Drafts and Experiments.

Regards,
Anthony
AdWords API Team

Anthony Madrigal

May 27, 2016, 10:03:44 AM5/27/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Xiangdong,

After some further investigation by our team, we were able to see that these document you mentioned was out of date. We will be updating these docs with the correct behavior.

Thanks for finding this.

xiangdong peng

May 31, 2016, 2:58:54 PM5/31/16
to AdWords API Forum