AdGroupExtensionSettingService::get returns no results

Aaron Lozier

Aug 24, 2016, 1:42:04 PM8/24/16
to AdWords API Forum

While I am successfully able to query any other AdWords service for existing entities, I seem to have hit a wall retrieving entities from the AdGroupExtensionSettingService (v201607). Here is my function.

public function _getAdGroupExtensionSettings(\AdGroupExtensionSettingService $adGroupExtensionSettingService, $adgroup_id)
{
    $adGroupExtensionSettings = array();

    $selector = new \Selector();
    $selector->fields = array('AdGroupId','ExtensionType','Extensions');
    $selector->predicates[] = new \Predicate('AdGroupId', 'EQUALS', (string) $adgroup_id);
    $selector->predicates[] = new \Predicate('ExtensionType', 'EQUALS', 'PRICE');

    // Create paging controls.
    $selector->paging = new \Paging(0, \AdWordsConstants::RECOMMENDED_PAGE_SIZE);

    $i = 0;
    do {
        // Make the get request.
        $page = $adGroupExtensionSettingService->get($selector);
        // Get results.
        if (isset($page->entries)) {
          foreach($page->entries as $setting) {
              $adGroupExtensionSettings[] = $setting;
          }
        }
        // Advance the paging index.
        $selector->paging->startIndex += \AdWordsConstants::RECOMMENDED_PAGE_SIZE;
    } while ($page->totalNumEntries > $selector->paging->startIndex);

    return $adGroupExtensionSettings;
}

Judging from the documentation, it should be straightforward to query this service the same way as any other:

https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201607/AdGroupExtensionSettingService#get

I have triple checked to ensure the adgroup_id I am passing corresponds with an adgroup in this account which does have price extensions. I have also tried, for debugging purposes, to remove the AdGroupId predicate and/or the ExtensionType predicate, all to no avail.

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Aug 24, 2016, 4:03:00 PM8/24/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Aaron,

Could you provide the SOAP XML request and response logs for this get request? Please use Reply privately to author when responding.

Thanks,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.

Aaron Lozier

Aug 26, 2016, 4:04:37 PM8/26/16
to AdWords API Forum
Sent. Can you confirm you received?

Also I have noticed there is a similar issue in the interface. When I go to the campaign level I can see all extensions, but they all disappear from the view when I add AdGroup or Campaign columns, even if there are extensions associated with AdGroups in the account.

Robert Rodakowski

Sep 7, 2016, 9:23:56 AM9/7/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

Any update here?
I've similar problem - CampaignExtensionSettingService get does not return price extensions. However, it seems that another types of ad extensions (e.g: sitelinks, calls) are being returned correctly.

Regards,
Robert.

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Sep 7, 2016, 1:47:50 PM9/7/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Robert,

I'm afraid I don't have any updates at the moment. The team is working on this. I'll keep you notified.

In the meantime, you can use Placeholder Feed Item Report to retrieve your Extensions and include the PlaceholderType field in the report query which indicates the type of extension. A PlaceholderType value of 35 indicates that the feed item is a price extension.

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Sep 26, 2016, 5:33:48 PM9/26/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Aaron and Robert,

The issue with Extension setting services not returning Price extensions has been fixed. Newly created feeds will be returned by the extension setting services as expected and the existing feeds will be fixed in the coming weeks.

Cheers,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.