Kochava AdWords integration issue

i...@wildfire-corp.com

May 18, 2018, 8:40:14 AM5/18/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I'm using Kochava to roll up performance of our company's campaigns for our Android app.  One of those campaigns is AdWords (we're running a couple UAC campaigns and we're stoked on the average CPI we're getting).  I can see from the AdWords dashboard that we're getting plenty of installs, but I can't see any of that data in Kochava.  I followed their guide here: https://support.kochava.com/campaign-management/google-integration and talked to support reps on both Kochava's side and Google's Side to ensure the configuration is good.  The Kochava rep even sent me the call they're making to the AdWords API which is not returning any data.  So I've got an API request but I'm not sure which parameters may be off that are causing it to result in an empty payload result.

Here's the URL sans the dev_token and link_id actual values:

http://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion/app/1.0?app_event_name=&app_event_type=first_open&app_version=Wildlink%2086&dev_token=0987654321&id_type=advertisingid&lat=0&link_id=1234567890&os_version=6.0.1&rdid=10034082-4b65-437f-bcc5-d99a5ffd7567&sdk_version=AndroidTracker%203.1.1&timestamp=1526566709

And the return data looks like this:

{

"ad_events": [],

"errors": [],

"attributed": false
}

I'm just trying to get an install count.  Any ideas for what's wrong with the API URL?  None of the values look obviously wrong to me...

Thanks in advance!

Teja Makani

May 18, 2018, 3:51:32 PM5/18/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Ian,

On this forum we address questions related to AdWords API. I am seeing that your request/response is similar to the one in Mobile Apps Conversion Tracking and Remarketing API. Could you confirm if your questions are about this API? If so, you could use the help icon in the AdWords web interface to reach the correct support team. If your questions are about the AdWords API, could you please share the SOAP logs for your API operation? If you are using one of our client libraries, then the README.md file contains the instructions on how to capture the AdWords API logs. For instance, the instructions for Java client library can be found here

Regards,
Sai Teja, AdWords API Team.

i...@wildfire-corp.com

May 22, 2018, 5:38:13 AM5/22/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I'll ask my support rep from Kochava to jump on this thread to provide that SOAP log.  I'm their client so I don't have access to that data.  I believe the URL I posted above is part of the SOAP request you're describing, however.  I think that Kochava is using the conversion tracking API to request conversions.  Is the Mobile Apps Conversion Tracking API not part of the AdWords API?  I couldn't get to anyone technical via the AdWords web interface (I got a general support person who wasn't able to diagnose what was wrong with the request I shared).

Teja Makani

May 22, 2018, 2:01:32 PM5/22/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Ian,

I understand your concern. Unfortunately, the questions about Mobile Apps Conversion Tracking and Remarketing API is outside the expertise of my team. Perhaps you could try the email option from the "Help" icon. If you are still having trouble in reaching the correct team, please let me know. I will try to see if I can get in touch with someone who can assist you.

i...@wildfire-corp.com

May 22, 2018, 8:30:42 PM5/22/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I totally understand that it's not your domain.  I really appreciate the offer to help connect me with someone who can help.  If you could help with that, I'd be very grateful!  It feels like I'm running into a limitation or bug inside Google AdWords (maybe specific to UAC campaigns)?  Thank you in advance for helping to connect me to someone who can assist!

Teja Makani

May 23, 2018, 1:38:25 PM5/23/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Ian,

I see that Nadine is helping you out on a different thread. To avoid duplicates, please continue the discussion on that thread.

i...@wildfire-corp.com

May 23, 2018, 2:04:37 PM5/23/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Yes.  Thank you!