Is there any way to get the initial date for every report programmatically?

davidr...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2017, 3:15:48 PM10/19/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,
I wonder if there is any way to get the minimum available date for a report.
What I mean is, if I am requesting CRITERIA_PERFORMANCE_REPORT with date range type: ALL_TIME, I assume I am getting data from the "minimum" available date to the maximum.
So I would like to know how I can get that "minimum available date" programmatically.
Thanks,

-David

Bharani Cherukuri (AdWords API Team)

Oct 19, 2017, 3:59:12 PM10/19/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I'm afraid it is not possible to get the minimum available date for a report. Any particular report will return results based on the dateRange specified in the selector. You can take a look at the available date ranges for report types here. You can also include the dateRange with min and max values in your selector to filter the results. Also, please note that dateRange is available only for report download service. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Bharani, AdWords API Team

Zweitze

Oct 23, 2017, 3:21:47 AM10/23/17
to AdWords API Forum
My algorithm:

Use CampaignService.get(), ask to include the campaign start date, order results on start date, just ask one result.
The campaign start date is not necessarily the date of the first impression in your account, still, it's the best thing I can think of.