Broken batch job status data and duplicate results

Christian

Jul 25, 2017, 12:20:11 PM7/25/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

recently we recognized some batch job issues. More precise, we see 3 problems:

1) Strange progress stats

   id = 535340862
   status
= "DONE"
   progressStats
=

(ProgressStats){
         numOperationsExecuted
= 0
         numOperationsSucceeded
= 0
         estimatedPercentExecuted
= 0
         numResultsWritten
= 7414

}
   downloadUrl
= ...

The linked result file indeed contains 7414 entries which indicate a successful execution of operations. numOperationsExecuted etc. and the other stats do not reflect that.

2) Missing download URL

   id = 535178174
   status
= "DONE"
   progressStats
=

(ProgressStats){
         numOperationsExecuted
= 25000
         numOperationsSucceeded
= 25000
         estimatedPercentExecuted
= 100
         numResultsWritten
= 25000

}

... no download url ...

Obviously this is problematic as we cannot process results.

3) Duplicates in result files

   id = 535170169
   status
= "DONE"
   progressStats
=

(ProgressStats){
         numOperationsExecuted
= 25000
         numOperationsSucceeded
= 25000
         estimatedPercentExecuted
= 100
         numResultsWritten
= 45000

}
   downloadUrl
= ...

Looking into the linked result file, many results indeed are reported twice (for instance setting bid modifier on criterion 503006 in ad group 41233022792 to 0.75). Duplicates are not following each other directly, so it is not easy to filter them w/o maintaining a lookup for all seen results in memory. Also, with regard to this example, it is not the case that results are unique within the first 25000 results. Then we could simply discard the rest. Duplicates can be found already within the first 25000 result entries.

The first issue is not that problematic since we can treat the result file as the authority. However, issue 2 and 3 are real problems for us.

Thanks in advance for any support on these issues!

Best,
Christian

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Jul 26, 2017, 4:26:06 PM7/26/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Christian,

We have an ongoing issue at our end that causes the error you are seeing. I'll update this thread with more details as I hear from the team.

Cheers
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Jul 28, 2017, 2:00:48 PM7/28/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Christian,

This issue is resolved now. Let me know if you continue to see errors.

Cheers
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.