Repeated UNEXPECTED_INTERNAL_API_ERROR on AdGroupCriterionService when fetching DSA critera

Christian

Aug 21, 2015, 4:38:17 AM8/21/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

we have a strange behavior on a specific account where the AdGroupCriterionService triggers an internal API error when fetching DSA criteria. The same request works fine on other accounts.

We use the googleads Python lib with the following selector:

    selector = {
        'fields': [
            'Id', 'AdGroupId', 'Parameter', 'Status', 'CriteriaType',
            'CriterionUse', 'CpcBid', 'BiddingStrategyType',
            'FirstPageCpc', 'TopOfPageCpc', 'QualityScore',
            'Labels',
        ],
        'predicates': [{
            'field': 'CriteriaType',
            'operator': 'IN',
            'values': ['WEBPAGE'],
        }, {
            'field': 'Status',
            'operator': 'IN',
            'values': ['ENABLED', 'REMOVED', 'PAUSED'],
        }, {
            'field': 'CampaignId',
            'operator': 'IN',
            'values': ...,
        }],
    }

For the problematic account the request fails in most cases, but not always. If it succeeds, it returns zero DSA criteria.

I can post the account ID in a private message.

Thanks in advance for some clarification why this happens.

Best regards,
Christian

Anthony Madrigal

Aug 21, 2015, 9:32:37 AM8/21/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hey Christian,

Could you please send me through reply privately to author your SOAP XML request and response? The important response is the one that failed, but if you could also send me when the response returns zero DSA criteria that would be great.

Thanks,
Anthony
AdWords API Team

Christian

Aug 24, 2015, 7:29:31 AM8/24/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Anthony,

we did not see the error since August 22. I'll get back to you when it pops up again.

Thanks and best regards,
Christian

Christian

Sep 2, 2015, 7:10:31 AM9/2/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Anthony,

did you receive my private reply with the SOAP request? Just want to make sure nothing has been lost on its way.

Best,
Christian

Anthony Madrigal

Sep 2, 2015, 9:23:02 AM9/2/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Christian,

Yes, I did receive your SOAP request. Are you still experiencing this error? If so, please let me know so that I can troubleshoot.

Christian

Sep 2, 2015, 3:02:07 PM9/2/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

yes we still experiencing this error. I would really appreciate it if you could investigate this.

Best regards,
Christian

Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)

Sep 3, 2015, 5:38:55 AM9/3/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Christian,

We're looking into this issue and will get back to you once we get any updates.

Best,
Thanet, AdWords API Team

Thanet Knack Praneenararat

Oct 9, 2015, 8:31:37 AM10/9/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Christian,

I really apologize for the delay.
If you're still faced with this issue, please let us know.

Best,
Thanet, AdWords API Team

Christian

Oct 9, 2015, 8:40:01 AM10/9/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Thanet,

thanks for getting back to this. We did not experience the problem since Sep 10th, so for now everything is fine.

Best,
Christian