Create DISPLAY campaign with MANUAL_CPM bidding

cjal...@guptamedia.com

May 25, 2016, 12:33:01 PM5/25/16
to AdWords API Forum
We are working on a feature that will allow users to create their google campaigns programmatically.  The first ones we are supporting are Display campaigns with user list targeting.
All of this is working great for MANUAL_CPC bidding scheme and cpc bids.

However in the adwords UI, you can make a DISPLAY campaign with cpm bidding.  We would like to support this too.  I cannot figure out how to do it though.

I have tried setting the biddingStrategyConfiguration.biddingStrategyType, I have also tried leaving that null and setting the biddingScheme to manualCpm.
Everything that I try I get errors like OperationAccessDenied.OPERATION_NOT_PERMITTED_FOR_CAMPAIGN_TYPE @ operations[0].operand.biddingStrategyConfiguration.biddingStrategyType; trigger:'DISPLAY'

On one level this makes perfect sense since the docs here say that this is the case here

But then the adwords manager docs here say that cpm bidding is for display here

I also have example campaigns that I can retrieve from the campaignService.get that are advertisingChannelType display with biddingStrategyType manual_cpm.

Any help on how to do this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Cory